The new year's party

December 31st, the final day of the year, everyone on Mobius was excited for the new year.

For the holiday, Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends spend time on the Island of Sodor, meeting their engine friends.

Snow was still falling from the sky, since it's still winter. The engines of Sodor and their Mobian friends were at Tidmouth Sheds.

"Can't believe it's the last day of the year!" Tails said.

"I know! It's so exciting for 2024 to come up after this!" Percy said, clearly excited at the kids were.

There wasn't much snow on the railway, ever since last winter years ago, Thomas got stuck in the snow. After hearing it, Sonic only groaned, saying if he would be in Thomas' place, he wouldn't do i

Sonic also remembered, everyone at Tidmouth held a Christmas Party for Mrs Kyndley. An idea soon came to him, for New Year's eve.

"Hey guys, do you have a moment?" the blue hedgehog asked.

"What is it, Sonic?" Knuckles asked.

"I was thinking, since a couple of years ago, ever since the Christmas Party was held for Mrs Kyndley before Nia and Rebecca arrived, I was thinking why not do a New Year's party?"

"I like the sound of that!" Rebecca, who was cheery, said.

"A New Year's party?" a familiar voice came as they all see the Fat Controller was there, approaching them. "That has never happened on Sodor before, but however, since Thomas held the Christmas Party, A New Year's Party perhaps might be a good idea."

"I have to agree, sir. But who'll get the New Year supplies for the Party?" Tails said. "Some of us are really busy."

"I could do it." Sonic pipped up.

"Ah, now that was what I was hoping Sonic to do. But however, he needs an engine to assist him." the Fat Controller said.

"It can't be me." Gordon said. "Or Rebecca. We're already busy with the express."

"I have to pull the Flying Kipper in the Afternoon!" Henry said.

"Nia and I were going to shunt trucks in the yard. We're sorry, sir, Sonic." Edward said.

"I have to take my shiny red coaches for the train." James said.

"And I have to pull the mail." Percy said.

"I'm sorry, sir." Emily said. "But I have a few things to do so I can't help Sonic with the New Year supplies for this Year."

"I have to pull Henrietta before dawn." Toby said.

(A/N: In my headcanon, Toby, Edward and Henry didn't leave the Steam Team)

The only engine that was left was Thomas, who wasn't busy for the day.

"I could help Sonic bring the new Year Supplies, sir." he said.

Everyone looked at Thomas, which surprised both Sonic and the Fat Controller.

"Well then, Thomas, it's settled then. Get going, you two. And be back before dark." the controller said.

"Yes, sir!" the two said as Sonic entered Thomas' cab as the E2 went on the turn table and puffed off.

"As for the rest of you, the other mobians will help you. And I'm sure you will get along just fine." the Fat Controller said.

"Yes, sir." the engines and mobians said.

*****************************************

"It's a bit far from here, from what I heard."

"When do you think we'll arrive?"

"Who the heck knows. We've started 25 minutes ago."

Before Thomas could reply back, a giant block of snow appears and blocks the track they were going forward on.

"Oh...." Sonic muttered.

"I am not going to wear a snowplough. Those things hurt my buffers." Thomas muttered as well, not wanting to get his snowplough.

"I thought the track was clear?"

"So did I."

"Somehow, we gotta get this going." Sonic spin dashes, only to be hit in the head by the block of snow, as it was revealed to be... "A ROCK?!"

"Oh, cinders and ashes...now how do we get the New Year supplies for the party?"

"Maybe we can think of something. But we gotta hurry before dark."

"Wait, how big is the rock?"

"Uh... ginormous.... why?"

"Sonic, that's not a rock.... that's a BOULDER!"

"...Uh oh..."

The boulder moved off the track, somehow, and a nearby chemical the two could see as the boulder crushes them and catches fire.

"...Percy was right when he said that a boulder crashed into something." the E2 said, clearly remembering what his best friend told him.

"...I think we should find some help on the way, telling them about the fire." the hedgehog said.

"But how did it move on it's own?"

"I think it must've been when I spin dashed it."

"I'm not quite sure."

"What d'ya mean?"

"Remember I told you about the Christmas Party I hosted?"

"Yeah?"

"Well....I had some trouble, due to all of that Snow. At least there's not much in New Year's eve."

"Oh... I see..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...you wanna get going now?"

"Right, let's go."

*********************************

The two arrived at the sight where the New Year's supplies are.

Though it took Sonic a while to tell the workmen that he and Thomas were bringing the new Years Supplies due to today being New Years Eve.

They thankfully agreed as they coupled the trucks of the supplies to Thomas. The two went on their journey again.

"You've been quite for a while now, Thomas. What's wrong?" the hedgehog asked.

"I don't want this to happen again..." the E2 said.

"Don't want what to happen again?"

"I told you about the time when I got stuck in the snow and I didn't bring my snowplough with me. When I saw the boulder covered in snow, I nearly remembered the time I was stuck."

"Listen, Thomas, I understand the snowplough hurts you, but you just gotta put up with it.

"What?"

"I'm saying, you gotta get use to it. Besides, at least we're okay for now."

The blue duo arrived at Tidmouth, where everyone was waiting after their jobs.

"Welcome back, Thomas and Sonic." the Fat Controller said.

"Thank you, sir. We also need help too... A fire has been caused by a boulder that blocked us." Thomas said.

"What? How did it get off the track?!"

"Sonic said he thinks it was when he spin dashed it."

"Might wanna call Flynn and Belle for that." Sonic said.

*************************************

The decorations and the Supplies were up until it was dark, where the party can finally be hosted.

Everyone and all of the good engines from the railway then counted down, where the New Year will begin.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" the fireworks came as everyone cheered.  "HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Sonic the Hedgehog, Thomas the Tank Engine and their friends finally reached to the new year, 2024.