"Where is that bastard?!" A royal officer complained, looking around with his fellow guards as they walked down the market area of the kingdom.
Sonic hid behind a stand that held fruits of different kinds for sale. There was a cat running the little store, looking down at him. She rolls her eyes and acts normal as the royal guards walk by, not suspecting a thing. Once they were a good distance away, she gestured to Sonic to come out from hiding.
"They're gone..." She said with a serious expression. "I'm not gonna be hiding you all the time... You better stop getting caught or just stop what you're doing in general."
"Oh, c'mon, Blaze, don't be like that. You're too much of a good friend to not help me." Sonic replied.

"Yea, I'm such a good friend that I am giving you good advice to stop stealing."

"Well, you know I can't do that... We got people to feed."

Sonic jumps over the stand, going out in the open.
"Fine, if you wanna feed people, take an apple or two then..." Blaze offered.
Sonic smiles and gladly takes the two fruits.
"Thanks..." He chuckles putting them in a bag.
"Now, hurry up and go. I don't wanna be seen with you..." Blaze shooed him away.
Sonic laughs and looks at his surroundings, making sure that no guards were close. Once he was clear, he decided to run but he didn't run normally. He ran faster than anyone can even noticed he was gone. Faster than the blink of an eye, leaving a decently long tail of blue lightning.

In less than 5 seconds, he hits his brakes, stopping right in front of a very small house. He walks over and knocks on the door. Footsteps were heard coming from the other side of the entrance and soon was opened.
A little fox, quite a unique one, opened the door. The little boy had two tails, unlike other foxes.
"Oh, hey Sonic!" The boy greeted, smiling warmly. He looked tired but his smile was always able to cheer up someone.
"Hey, Tails... Look what I got for you, buddy.." Sonic smirked, pulling out a loaf of bread... The one he stole and got chased for.

"Whoa! Thanks, Sonic!" Tails excitedly took the bread.
"Yea, anytime..." Sonic laughs, proud of himself.
Tails walks out and hugs the hedgehog. Sonic happily hugs back. The fox takes a piece of the loaf and hands it over to Sonic.
"Here, take a piece as a 'thank you'." He offered.
"No, no... You share that with your family. I have a few fruits to share with mine." Sonic declined. "Thanks, tho'."

"You sure?"

The blue hedgehog nods.
"Ok, you guys enjoy that and I'll be on my way." He said his goodbyes.
Tails waved before Sonic sped off. In less than half a second, he arrived at his destination, stopping in front of another small home. He walks to the front door and opens it, letting himself in.
"Guys, I'm back!" He called out.
After hearing those words, some sort of elderly version of Sonic turned around the corner of the room.
"Oh, hey, son..." The man replied.
"Hey, Uncle Chuck." Sonic greeted. "Where's Sonia and Manic?"

"Up in the rooms, as usual."

Sonic chuckles. "Well, tell them to come down. I brought fruits."
Chuck raised an eyebrow. "You didn't steal again, did you?"
"What?!.. No!" The younger blue hedgehog nervously laughed.
His uncle still looked at him, not believing a single word he said. Sonic sighs, rolling his eyes in annoyance at how he couldn't lie to him.
"Ok, fine... I did steal a loaf of bread but I did it to help a kid." He admits. "The fruits were given to me, tho'."
Chuck sighs. "Listen, I know that you did it for a good purpose but you can't just go around stealing."
"Uncle Chuck, what am I supposed to do? I can't get an actual job and get money. All the hiring jobs are only for people of royal descent." Sonic responded.
"Yes, but there is always another way to be productive..." Chuck replied.
"Like? There are no jobs, there's no money, no food... What other way?" Sonic made his uncle go quiet.
After a moment of silence, a purple female hedgehog walked down the stairs, being the first to notice the intensity in the room. Following her was a green male hedgehog with crazy hair.