Chapter 5

August 15, 1994 Corpus Christi, Texas

 Selena pov

It has almost been 2 months since I last seen Tupac. We've talked on the phone a few times since then. "Selena you alright"? "Yeah Suzette I'm just thinking about what I want to name my album that is going to be dropping in March".

"Girl don't overwork yourself, you already recorded a few songs, then you just dropped some of your Selena perfume and clothing. Just take a little bit of relaxation, time Selena you do deserve that". " I know sis I am going to be doing something soon". "If you say so Selena, but I call you later I got finish cooking".

"Alright Suzette love you and I talk to you later". "Love you to sis and okay". 

My house phone started ringing. "Hello". "Hey Selena, this Pac".  "Hey, Tupac what you been up to"?  "Just been in the studio recording a few songs for my next album and being doing a lot of shows".

"What you been up to Selena"? "I recently just dropped some more of my perfume, clothing designs and everything been going good with both of my boutique shops. I already started working on my next album got a performance coming up soon". 

"You been a little bust body, but I got some good news for you". "And what's that"? "Well, you know how the next time I see you I want to take you out on a date"? "Yeah"? "I'm actually down in Corpus Christi, Texas, and I'm not down here for any shows or anything. I wanted to come see you, and I want to make today about you and having a good time. So, dress comfortable and I'll come pick you up at 4pm sharp". I looked at my watch it's 1pm

"Alright that's fine".  I gave him my address and the directions to my place. "Alright Selena, I'll see you in a little bit". "I'll be looking forward to it see you soon". As soon as we got off the phone I couldn't help but start smiling. I needed to figure out what I wanted to wear for my date. I went into my closet and pulled out my outfit I'm going to wear today.

3hrs later

 I got out the shower and wrapped myself up in my towel. After finishing up getting dress I sprayed on my own perfume on. I looked in my mirror giving myself a once over. I heard the doorbell ring. I looked at my wristwatch 4pm sharp like he said. 

I like a man of his words. "Give me a second" I opened up my door and there stood Tupac. I gave him and we stayed like that for a minute. And at that moment nothing else seem to matter. Not to help it I had this big ass smile on my face. 

"This is for you I know your favorite color is purple, so I got you some purple roses for you". "Aww Tupac thank you I really do appreciate that, and you can come in. And let me put my roses in some water". "Gone ahead and you look fine as usual". I felt my cheeks heat up "You look handsome yourself". "Thank you". I looked over to see him smiling. "Let me grab my purse and we can go".

20 minutes later

I looked out the window and we were at an amusement park. " I thought we could have some fun and go ride some rollercoasters". "The last time I went to an amusement park I was 14". "You in for a surprise then Selena". I watched get him out and open up the car door for me.

"Thank you for always being such a gentleman". "Anytime ". "I already see what we about to get on first and it's the biggest ride they got to". "Now when we get up there don't be acting all scared saying you aren't about to get on and all that". I started laughing "I should be telling you that hun".

After almost getting on everything with the exception of two rides and Tupac winning me this adorable stuff animal. And we even took a few photos in the photo booth. As we were walking by a Churro booth, I had to get me something a little sweet plus it's something about a churro I love so much. "I got stop and get me some churros do you want something". "You can get me same thing you are getting".

"Alright". "Can I get a bag of mini churros". "Yes mam your total is $8.00". I reached in my purse and pulled out a $20. "Here you go and keep the change and have a wonderful day". "You to".

After grabbing our bag of churros, we were heading out the amusement park. "I know these little snacks aren't go feel you up, and we go grab us something to eat. I know you told me about a little pizza spot out here that you love going to a while back". "Now I can't turn that down no food especially pizza".

We pulled up to the pizza place and I instantly got hit with the aroma pizza been cooked. We walked up to the counter. "This a nice little pizza spot". "Just wait until you try one of their pizzas". "I'm let you go ahead and order for us". "How can I help you today " an older lady behind the counter said. "Can we get a large peperoni pizza please". "Anything else"? "Two drinks and that's it". "Alrighty give us 20 minutes and we will have your food right out".

We sat down at the booth. "Are you enjoying yourself so far"? "Honestly Tupac yeah I have for one I got to see the real you and not others try to portray you as. Like I said I've heard about you, but I didn't pay attention to none of that because you can't make an assumption about a person you never meet or know that because then you're going to make ass out yourself and that person. Honestly, I feel like once you get around a person, they tend to show you the real them.  And not only that it's the little things for me and that shows me you pay attention to what I be saying. And I love how we can just sit here just freely talk to each other. I'm really glad we came across each other and the memories we are making to me that means a lot to me".

" You got brother over here lost at words right now, but Selena I like the way carry yourself and you know what you want in life. And that you can genuinely laugh around we together and just being you. And don't get me wrong Selena you're a beautiful woman, but you have even more attractive mindset and personality. And I know we are taking things slow right now, but I'll be glad the day I can call you my girl".

I looked into those doughy brown eyes that I seem to get lost in.  "Don't be trying to hide that smile now".  The waiter came down with our pizza on a metal tray. 

1hr later

We were pulling in my driveway. We got out the door and Tupac walked me to the door. "Thank you again for tonight I enjoyed myself once again, but I knew I would". "Thank you, Selena, for allowing me to even take you out and you weren't lying that pizza was the bomb".  "I knew you would like it and how long your down here for"? 

"I'm down here for the next two days so if you want do something tomorrow or the next day we can". "Well let me know when you made it back to your hotel and I see you later". We gave each other a hug and I gave him a kiss on the cheek".

I closed the door today was a good night

I know it's been a while but just a little filler chapter for yall.