THIRTY-SIX

I picked up the fresh daisy's and brought them up to my nose to smell. So fresh and delicate, just like her. I couldn't help but have her on my mind the entire time I was gone, but I was also thinking of her escaping, any moment I came home she wasn't there. There to greet me and hug me, there to give me the biggest possible kiss. It definitely hurried my process, since it was my idea to cook dinner tonight.

I had lied and said we were out of maple candy so I grabbed a couple bags for her. I mean I hated to lie to her but she was eating so much of it I had to lie. Like three bags in two days, and that shit wasn't cheap, the nice kind at-least.

The thought of her being so excited about the candy brought a smile to my lips as I put all the items upon the conveyor belt, the middle aged man scanning each quietly before finally speaking and picking up the candy.

"My wife loves these." He dons a small smile as he continues to scan the items, most likely trying to make small talk despite his awkward demeanor.

"Yea my woman loves them too, had to get some more because she won't stop eating them." I let out a small fake chuckle as he looks up and smiles at me, looking pleased by the interaction.

"Women." He laughs before giving me the total, I end the interaction by paying and taking the bags, thanking the man before exiting.

The cold crisp air smacked against my face once the automatic doors opened, ice covering the road as black and brown snow piles sat on the sides of the road, scraped on to the side by plow trucks. If you weren't careful you'd either slip and break your neck on ice, or just get in a wreck from the shitty roads of this small ass town.

But it was quiet, quiet enough for the operation that we ran here to go under the radar, acting as if Im some lonesome hunter who built the cabin by hand in the woods, because of course in a small town if someone comes and buys up land and they're from another country, words gonna spread like wildfire.

So Im just the guy who comes to town every now and then that maybe or maybe doesn't have a wife. Just depending on what mood I'm in for the day.

Putting the properties in the back of my car I walk to the drivers side and slip in, quickly shutting the door behind me and shaking off the cold.

I hated it, everything about it. I don't get why the house couldn't have been somewhere like the Bahamas, Mexico. Anything but fucking Canada.

I also hated driving in Canada only because the road to the cabin was fucking hell, basically snow and ice the whole way there. But the drive also gave me a chance to think, think about all that's been happening with Madelyn.

I took her virginity. I hated myself for giving into my instincts and doing it, but I wanted more. I wasn't even thinking about the consequences when it came to this because it all was so complicated. Boss would kill me on the spot for spoiling cargo, it's not like they wouldn't check to see if she's intact.

It did scare me, but it didn't stop the thoughts. The thoughts of her squirming underneath me as I shoved myself deeper into her. How she screamed my name with each stroke, watching her small mouth and throat fill up with every inch of my girth.

The thoughts didn't stop no matter what I tried, eventually always leasing to me in the bathroom imagining her stroking me to climax. Even now he was hard as a rock just at the mere thought of her naked body.

She was like a disease I didn't want a cure for, I wanted her to overtake me, my mind, my body, my soul. I only wanted her.

My thoughts are abruptly cut off as my phone vibrates violently in the cup holder beside me, licking it up to see Phillips caller ID pop up, causing an internal groan in my side as I swipe to answer.

"Yes?" My voice was monotone and cold, a way of trying to express I didn't want to talk. Wind blew into the microphone on his side, the sounds of laughing men and women in the back were being extremely obnoxious, not shutting the hell up.

"Hey man, Boss wanted me to call and check in!" He screamed through the phone, pulling it away from my ear at the ear piercing screams he produced as "words".

"It's fine, where are you?" He laughs in response as I hear the laughter and wind start to die down, assuming he's went inside or away somewhere. "Drunk on a fucking awesome yacht with loads of bitches. All ready to fuck me while they fuck each other." I could feel the smirk on his lips as he described the egregious acts he mentioned. Shaking my head in disgust as I scrunch my nose, "Nice," The response was definitely rude, and I meant it that way. I didn't want to hear about that shit. "So that all?" Turning onto the long over road that led straight to the cabin.

"Nah man, I needed to check up on you personally. Yah know," His words trailed off as if he didn't want to finish his sentence. "Yah know what Phillip?!" He was aggravating the hell out of me right now and the last thing I wanted to do was come home in a bad mood.

"You've stopped right?" His words were like splinters in my heart because I knew exactly what he meant. "You know I can't answer that." My tone had completely shifted, you could tell I was uncomfortable, I started to breathe deeply to calm my nerves.

I didn't want to think about his words but the bastard wouldn't shut up after that. "You can't do this again Malcolm," He sighs through the phone, I can feel his frustration. I cant blame him much because I'm just as frustrated in myself.

"It's not the same as then." Looking forward as I slowly crept down the icy driveway, I was only about a fourth of the way down since I had to go extremely slow to not crash, but it made for a nice ride with all the scenery.

"Yea sure," The sarcasm was blatant in his words, I knew he didn't believe me, he never did. Every time we talked it felt like he didn't believe a word I said anymore, not since I told him about what's been happening.

"They're still looking Malcolm, they've got investigators there now, in the city." My throat felt dry from his words, knowing how close they were to her terrified me. I wouldn't let them have her, no matter what it took.

"I've got it handled Phillip, worry about your operations and I'll worry about mine." I swiftly hung up before throwing my phone into the passenger seat, slapping the palm of my hand repeatedly against the steering wheel out of anger.

Slowly bringing the car to a stop I pull the gear shift into park, letting go of the wheel before leaning back into the leather seat of the car. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, grabbing my medication from the center console and popping a tablet in.

I couldn't take the thoughts that threatened to take over my brain, all I wanted was peace after that conversation. So I think of things to keep them at bay, mostly her.

She kept me at peace.

•••

Happy update dayyyyy, we're nearing the end & it makes me wanna kermit. I love these characters no matter how stupid & dumb ;)

xoxo