Marauders ATYD summary

SoftGirl-w-

Summary of their years at hogwarts:

Nearing his 5th birthday, Remus Lupin, son of wizard Lyall and muggle Hope Lupin, was bitten by Fenrir Greyback, a werewolf, and became one himself. After Lyall died by suicide when he saw Remus' bite mark, Hope placed Lupin in St. Edmund's, a children's home for boys. Lupin is looked after by Matron, who locks him up during the full moon to keep him from hurting any of the other boys while simultaneously preserving his secret. As he comes of age (11), Lupin is visited by Albus Dumbledore who gives Lupin his acceptance letter to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry which he would be able to attend. On full moons, he would be taken through a secret tunnel leading to a shack where he can undergo his transformation in privacy and safety.

During his first year, Lupin befriends James Potter, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew. Hesitant and cold towards them at first, the four become close friends and begin to call themselves the Marauders. During their years at Hogwarts, Lupin develops a close connection with Black, bonding with him over their shared scars. Black is also the first to learn Lupin is a werewolf. During their fifth year, the Marauders become Animagi (can change into animals) to join Lupin during his transformations. Lupin also befriends Lily Evans (who also finds out about the werewolf transformations), Marlene McKinnon and Mary MacDonald, who go on to form a close bond with the Marauders. During the summer of 1975, Lupin discovers that he is gay after having intimate (kissing and making out) relations with Grant Chapman, his new roommate at St. Edmunds. Upon returning to Hogwarts for the school year, Lupin finds he has a crush on Black. On his birthday, Lupin kisses Black, and during their sixth year, the two become an unofficial couple. During a camping trip, Lupin comes out to the rest of his friends, and Black later tells them that they are a couple. Lupin also reunites with his mother, who later dies from lung cancer.

Personalities:

Remus Lupin: levelheaded, intelligent, and compassionate. Remus is almost always calm and collected and is very perceptive of others' feelings and thoughts. Despite facing prejudice all of his life because of his condition, his compassion and understanding are unwavering, and he is able to see the good in everyone, also smokes and drinks [gay]

Sirius Black: Sirius is a very brave and impetuous sort of person. His motives are usually good, but he's not always prone to thinking things through and seems to lack logical thinking when he's ready to go, also drinks and smokes [bisexual]

James Potter: James Potter was brave, loyal, and accepting. He was also a good student, extremely intelligent, and very athletic. He was also popular, charming, didn't smoke or drink [straight]

Peter Pettigrew: Unpopular, meek, and magically mediocre, he ingratiated himself with James, Sirius Black, and Remus Lupin as a means to enhance and protect himself, didn't smoke or drink [straight]

appearance/fancast:

Remus Lupin: Andrew Garfield

Sirius Black: Ben Barnes

James Potter: Aaron Taylor-Johnson

Peter Pettigrew: Lewis Capaldi