Part one.

THE CRIMSON CURSE.

CHAPTER ONE

Just another birthday.

IF THERE WAS A TIME TO EVEN THINK ABOUT SLEEPING IT WOULD BE NOW. It was 03:30AM and Nova looked too good to be alone, but there he was in his blue Lamborghini on the middle of the road driving at 120km/hr, wearing only a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. As he drove he brushed back his white curly mess of silky hair with his hand as his black fades glistened in the night lights. His grey eyes stared keenly at the road as he hummed to the music booming in his car. He sighed heavily as if in deep thought. Surely, there was something in his mind. He checked his wrist watch again. I guess I'm not late. He fished his phone from his pocket and phoned someone. The phone rang thrice and a tired male voice was heard.

'Hello Mr. Nevins.'

'Dilan! How are you?'

'Tired, but why did you call?'

'Did you do what I asked of you?'

'Yes sir. It happened just as you predicted.' Nova smiled, surely he knew his plan was working. Now all he needed to do was appear at the scene and everything would be a success.

'Good. Get everything ready, I'll be there in ten minutes.' Nova told him.

'Wait-' Dilan said before his boss tried to hung up. Nova's slanted smile quickly became a grin.

'What is the problem?'

'Sir, It's your penthouse. Someone wants to book it.'

'What?! No. I just told you that I'll be sleeping there tonight.'

'But Sir. She says that she will pay double-'

'She! Why would she do that?' Who would want to sleep in his own house? Surely, there were a few hundred thousand but this was crossing the line.

'Sorry, she says she's a very big fan of your films and music so she will pay three times the amount. Sir, this is a very big offer, and it would also jumpstart the business.' Dilan said and Nova let out a sigh.

'Fine, let her take it.'

'Are you sure sir?' Dilan stammered.

'Yes.' With that said he hung up the phone. Surely everything wasn't going quite as planned but he looked forward to a great birthday as it already was. He smiled, he couldn't wait to get a phone call from his dad. That was his promise, a call for every birthday. But it was getting late and a bit strange that he hasn't called yet. Without comfort from his father his thoughts drifted to his mother. He slowly clutched tightly a sphere amulet that dangled from his neck. I'm turning eighteen. I wish you were here to see this. He smiled as he stepped on the gas, the car responded with a loud engine roar as he wore his shades.

................................************************..........................................

SKYSTAR HOTEL was an exclusive and luxurious five-star hotel built by none other than the Nevins young billionaire. It's extraordinary architecture was immersive and it overlooked the beach. Dilan stood just outside the building facing the shores in complete panic before a guard quickly came to his heed and greeted him.