𝐎𝐍𝐄

CONGRATULATIONS

Carp, Texas. A place for a family, or a place people want to get out of. And finally, Margaret now has a chance.

School finally ended. Four years of learning nothing have now stopped. I leave my, now "old school" and walk outside. Heather, Bishop, and Natalie are walking in front of me. I've been friends with Heather for a while now. Me and Bishop knew of each other and he always treated me nice when we talked. But Natalie always hated me, or at least that's what it always seemed like.

I walk to a tree and wait for Nate and Jamie, hoping they didn't forget. I see everyone with their family, it was a nice scene to see. I caught the eye of a classmate I had, the new kid. I looked away once I heard my name.

"Margaret!" The little boy runs up to me, "Jamie!" I match his emotion and hug him. I see my older brother walk up to us, looking a bit hungover. I send him a smile which he returns.

"I got these for you, congratulations graduate" He tells me while giving me flowers. It had pink tulips, peach carnations, purple hyacinth or lavender and some baby's breath to fill the gaps, pulling it all together. It looked nice, he did a good job picking it out.

"Sorry we were late, the car wouldn't start up" He admits, I know a part of it was from his hangover but I don't push it.

"Don't worry you didn't miss much" I smile, "Thanks for still making it though"

"Of course! Wouldn't miss it for the world" Pulling me into a hug which Jamie later joins in, "Come on though, we don't want you to be late" He tells Jamie tickling him as they're on their way to the car. I see Heather but she's with Bishop and Natalie so I don't bother her instead just give her a small smile and wave, which she returns. With that, I walk to the car.

After dropping Jamie off at camp, Nate takes me back home. It's obvious he has something to tell me since he's been getting awkward all car ride. He turns off the car, sitting still.

"Um.. okay. I- I have some news." He finally says, getting it out. I wait for him to continue, "Our team finally did it, I'm gonna be the CFO"

"Oh my god! That's great news, congrats!" I tell him

"It comes with some cons though" He quickly adds, making the atmosphere tense. "I might be away a lot. I'll have long hours and I might not be around town. Making it back home in time is gonna be hard and I might have to take the car." The only problem that I know he's worried about is leaving me alone with Jamie.

"I think we'll be fine" I reassure him

We leave the car, entering our house. I go straight into my room as I get a message from Heather about a party later today, but I don't feel like seeing anyone from school. Plus, I don't know who i'd be with, Heather would most likely be with Natalie and Bishop leaving me alone. I respond telling her I don't feel like going, and go straight to bed.

---
i had no idea how to start this 😭
also sorry i might make nat and margaret enemies...
but it's just for the plot
anyways hope y'all liked it