the red dress

TW: Bad language, underage relationships, non consensual scenes and graphic language and scenes

The next morning, the two awoke and they didn't speak another word of their conversation from the night prior. The lodging house was bustling, the boys were racing to the table as Nancy placed a steaming pan of sausages with oil crackling and spitting , and a place of toasted cubes of bread. They were piling and crushing each other they make sure they secured themselves some breakfast. As Fagin made his way into the already awoken living quarters, Nancy waltzed past him quickly ,rushing the boys around and getting them ready for a day around the markets, and passed him a metal skewer with a smoking sausage on its prongs. He took it off the stick and began to juggle it in his hands blowing on his fingers when they got too hot. The artful Dodger was in front of the small cracked mirror that they all shared, fiddling with his hair and placing his hat on his head. There was something equally comedic and suave about Dodger, as he walked, talked and acted like one of the grown gentlemen one may find on the streets of London looking for a book on physics or literature. He even dressed like one in men's clothing and his shirt sleeves fully rolled up to his elbows, the pants never needed altering because his legs were long and slender for his age anyway. As he was growing his youthful cockney twang was becoming deeper, not deep and gruff like Bill's or gravelly like Fagin's , just more matured and self assure sounding. Nancy was obviously growing up too, and clearly becoming a object of the so called 'male gaze' , but to each other Nancy and Jack were just how they'd always been.

On this very day, Nancy was readying herself to go on the food errand, so she sceptically put Sam in charge, as he was the eldest out of the rest of them, to go to the market and forage for any goods that were being thrown away that may make useful or valuable, and Dodger was out to exchange some stolen goods for some money with Fagin's associates. It was a Sunday which so happens to be Fagin's rest day, something he insists on having every week now the gang is of suitable size to not lack his presence on thieveries, his excuse is his old age and all the looking after the gang gives him a bad back. She tied her last bootlace and grabbed her basket before kissing Fagin on the cheek goodbye and shouting "Tarra you lot, I'll be back in a bit." Then she shut the door and hurried down the steps and into London's big city. The lads were next marching down the steps and out the door whilst Jack shouted behind them " don't get lost or loose someone." They all chorally answered back " We won't" before they door shut behind them too. Jack still had an hour or so before his exchange by the docks so he knew that this would be his only chance alone with Fagin.

He took a deep breath, pulled up a chair near where Fagin was sat in his armchair near the flickering embers of the fire place. " Fagin can I speak to ya?" Fagin became conscious of his presence, sat up slightly and exclaimed " Certainly my boy, what do you need?" He looked Fagin dead in the eye and felt a sudden urge of adrenaline , he wasn't scared to speak his mind now. " It's about Nancy..." He began and Fagin rolled his eyes and interrupted with" Jesus Dodge, Nancy this and Nancy that, does nothin' else occupy that head of yours?" Dodger couldn't deal any longer acting as if he doesn't know what this man was scheming. So he blurted out impatiently " Why you pawning off Nance to Bill Sykes. He's a brute!" Fagin was taken aback and quickly snapped back with a false quizzical tone " And how would you know anything' about Sykes?"
" Cause blokes on the street talk, I always hear of the things he's done to people. He's seventeen and built like a thirty year old toff who could afford three meals a day with second helpings! She makes one wrong move and he'd batter her black and blue." Fagin could see tears falling down the lads face as he doted on the girl and feared for her future, Jack continued " You think I don't know what happens when girls get sent off with gents to get married and what not. She doesn't know, but I do. I know all the 'orrid things he'll want to do with her." Fagin had clearly considered this aspect of the deal , but he needed to be clean of his debt or it would be his head, so he had pushed that thought to the very back of his mind and wasn't very happy when Jack had reminded him of it. "You close your mouth Dodger, this is to do us all good." Dodger was seeing red at this point, "No it ain't this is because you can't pay back your business partners and are in debt to him, so you pawn of Nancy instead of facing the consequences yourself you wretched git!" He shocked himself at how ruthless he was being with Fagin. The wrinkled man just coolly replied with a low  tone " You stay out of it Dodger or you have my word, you'll be sleeping with the fishes. " Jack knew that he was never going to win this argument because he is arguing with the man who he inherited his stubbornness from. He needed some fresh air and when he checked his pocket watch he needed to get to the docks anyway.

He left Fagin smoking his pipe and opened the front door, pushing his hat firmly on his head. As he walked forward, he bumped into someone , someone large. Bill. Sykes. He looked up at him with a cold, hard stare before Bill asked in his nasty tone " Where's Fagin?" Dodger continued to maintain eye contact with the man, miraculously believing that he would intimidate him - of course he was wrong. "In the lounge, why ?" Bill just pushed past Jack whilst casually replying with a growl in his voice " Cause we've got business to attend to, that alright with you Top Hat?" Dodger noticed Bill was carrying a box under his arm and he couldn't fathom what may have been in there. He decided he didn't want to know and he slipped out the front door leaving it to slam shut.

"Where is she Fagin ? I've got something for her." His voice sounding through the lodging house , he was clearly uninterested in Fagin and only wanted to know of Nancy's whereabouts. Fagin rapidly popped his head out of the living room and scurried over to Bill. " Apologies Bill, I completely lost track of my days I forgot you was comin' today. I sent her on an errand about an hour ago she'll be back any minute. Get yourself comfy whilst you wait , can I offer you a cuppa, or a gin... perhaps?" Bill firmly nodded at the latter option and sat down on one of the benches, his knees hip width apart, his boots planted firmly on the ground and his hands balled into a fist resting in the gap between his legs. Fagin ran around like a headless chicken and just like clockwork, as he offered Bill a tankard of gin Nancy came running inside with a basket full of rich, red apples and shouting in delight. " Fagin you won't believe my luck today! The fruit lady at the market was selling a dozen apples for a Guinee!" She clearly hadn't noticed a second looming presence inside as she disappeared into the kitchen to put her apples away . Fagin looked at Bill who was becoming impatient, " that's wonderful my dear.. but...but Nancy. " He must as grabbed her attention because she came almost skipping out of the kitchen as the man continued." Look who's here to see you." Bill stood and as Nancy saw him , she stepped back and timidly uttered " Hello" , Bill couldn't have care less and replied " Ello' My Girl." She still hated the pet name. But he told her " I've got a special treat for you." She became intrigued as he presented a box out Infront of him and opened the lid for her to see inside. It was a red dress, a fully boned corset and some black heeled shoes. She was completely confused by this and he could tell by her face that she had no idea what he was inferring she do with this gift. " Every time I come round to see you , I want to see you in that." Nancy approached the man and the box slowly and held the dress out Infront of her and then the corset , which she noticed had full lining and boning , even in the breast area. She stepped back again and innocently told him" But this is what all the older girls wear, the ones who are about sixteen or seventeen." Bill could tell that she was beginning to catch on." Exactly, and you already look like you could be that age, so I think that we should accentuate the natural , early blossoming beauty that you posses. I want to see a woman when I look at you. My woman. Not some measly little girl who dresses in ragged old dresses. She gulped hard and everyone could audibly hear her saliva going down her dry throat.

After some time talking, Fagin sent Nancy into the other room to try on the garments Bill had  given her. She shouted him in to do up her corset before she presented herself in front of the vulgar man. Much to her objection he continued to pull the strings tighter and tighter and tighter until she felt as if she was going to throw up her own organs. He buttoned up her dress and took a long look at her before letting her out the door. "Remember Nance, this is only temporary , you only got to wear this when he's around to impress him. I'll have your other dress waiting in here for you. " Nancy shifted uncomfortable trying to adjust her balance in her heels. "I can't breathe proper Fagin" He held her hands and told her " that's life my dear, you'll get used to it." He lead her outside to the living quarters and Bill stood up staring at her and exclaimed " Now. THAT. is what I like to see." Fagin rubbed his hands together and smirked, " Is she up to your standard Bill." He walked closer towards her, she went to hold her breath but she already couldn't breathe. She felt bare, her shoulders on show, her breasts pushed up and protruding upwards, her height increased because of her shoes. " Oh she is Fagin. How gorgeous my girl scrubs up to be." He grabbed her waist and slid his hands up her figure, her eyes were bulging in shock and she felt violated, she wanted to cry and she wanted Dodger and his calming nature. She noticed Bills eyes began to linger around her chest area. As much as he hated defying the man, Fagin had to remind Bill of their deal for poor Nancy's sake , so he cleared his throat and began." Remember the deal Bill. Not till she is sixteen." He rolled his eyes , removed his hands and tapped her face " I forgot." He nonchalantly told the elder man. Whilst Bill was still studying her and her figure in her new garments and Fagin was eagerly lingering awaiting a verdict, the door swung open and low and behold who was there. Standing in shock and disgust at the scene unfolding. None other than....

Dodger.

Stay tuned for the next chapter it's going to be out soon !!