Chapter 1

Jazmine's Prospective.
December 14, 2019

"Are you seriously nervous?" A'niyah asked me as she looked into the rear-view mirror fixing her hair. I swear she cares about her looks more than anyone.

"Yes, I am" I mumbled looking down at my fingers.

"Well, there's no need to be nervous babe."

"I don't know Niyah; I still can't shake the feeling" I then said in my peripheral vision I saw her shrug her shoulders.

"Not my problem, I already told you what I had to say," she said just completely ignoring my feelings. Her phone vibrated, causing me to look over at it.

loml 💕

she quickly took the phone and slid it in between her legs. I looked over at her in confusion giving her a questioning look. she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why you looking at me like that."

"Who was that calling you" I asked looking at her like she was crazy. Just by the way she was looking at me I already knew she was finna say some bullshit.

"Just my mama, I already knew she was going to ask where we were," she said turning down a street. I scoffed and shook my head. This bitch thinks I'm stupid.

she looked over giving me this funny look as pulled into a driveway and came to a stop. I'm not even gonna say anything else, just know if I say something it's gonna turn into an argument and that's the last thing I need right now.

The house looked so homey and comfortable but yet very fancy. A'niyah got out and stood in front of the car waiting on me, as she waited, I watched as she texted someone.

I took a deep breath and got out of the car, meeting up with her. As we walked to the door, she tried to reach for my hand, but I quickly moved away from her and slipped my hands into my jacket pockets.

"What you being weird fa Jazmine?" I completely ignored her, looking ahead of me.

she went to knock at the door, and before her hand could even come in contact with the door it opened swiftly and revealed a very old woman, her skin was glowing, and her smile was so beautiful.

She looked at A'niyah giving her a wide smile before opening her arms and engulfing her into a hug.

"It's so nice to see you, baby," she said as she pulled away from the hug. The lady fixed up A'niyah's shirt and then looked over at me with her face lit up. She quickly pulled me into a loving hug. I returned the hug and smiled in content, she pulled away and looked at me from head to toe.

"You are pretty .... Jazmine, isn't it?'

"Yes Ma'am," I asked flashing her a tight smile

"Girl don't be so formal with me, I'm ya people now. please call me Jessica" she said waving me off

"Okay Jessica" I smiled, she moved to the side and gestured us in.

"Come in, come in. I'm finna cook something fa us to eat. Y'all must be hungry" she said closing the door.

"I kinda lost my appetite, I'll think Ima skip out on dinner," I told her, and she immediately shook her head pushing me towards the kitchen.

"Girl shush, you are a part of the family now, I take care of you." She said patting me on the back.

"A'niyah go wake up ya punk ass daddy and tell him come here."

"Where he at?"

"In the living room with everyone else "