14

The Archer - Taylor Swift

*****
Chapter 14

"Where's that kid?" I heard my uncle ask Kuya Zeke. . .

"I don't know, papaㅡ"

"Find her! Find that mess!" He slapped Kuya Zeke. "Like mother, like daughter.. Always running away and come back to mess things up..!"

Today was the day I moved into their place... and that my mother had left me, even when I needed her so much. And it was also the day that everyone had eyes on me.. not for empathy; but for their own good. So, that I would grow up not becoming like my own mother.

Everybody talks about her like she's dead, when she's just still out there living her life. . . without me.

"Shh," Kuya Zico hushed me as I cried. "I'll protect you.. I'm here."

And even when I still had my family surrounding me, after my mother had left me.. I still felt like I had no one.

Even though my mother wasn't a great mother towards me, she still meant everything to me. Because there was this one thing she had always taught me. . . It was to never be ashamed of being a mess. Even when she shames me, I should never be ashamed to grow up a trouble-maker like her.

But, what mattered anyway? ever since when she left, I grew up hiding my true intentionsㅡ my true self. So, I wouldn't cause any ruckus. I wanted to hide myself. I didn't want to exist like this.

I have to be glad that they still took me in their home while my father was abroad, working for me. So, I figured I needed to behaveㅡ Even when I was born with curiosity and clumsiness; even though I was still a child.. I needed to be mature to survive.

Everywhere I went, I heard rumors about my mother and myself. I heard about her wrong doings and that I should pay for it and not live in luxury like this. But, who in their right minds punishes the daughter for the mother's sin?