Call of Duty

Saiki's POV

So there was a commotion in the school I attended. I was just passing by it as I went to a shop to buy coffee jelly. I saw someone on the road beside it, looking like he just saw a ghost. It was Itadori Yuji. I remembered his name since I memorised the names and faces of everyone in the school. I approached him to ask what happened, but I sensed malicious intent from the school.

I approached him and asked what was going on. He explained the situation to me with fear in his eyes. He wasn't totally scared, but he still had a glint of fear. He told me that someone named Fushiguro had already run in to save them. I know curses are troublesome, but this was getting too much.

Before I could finish thinking, he had already jumped over the gate, and as he ran and jumped, he kicked through the window, which was quite impressive for a human being. Scratch that. He was superhuman. He punched the curse as he saved the two senpais that were caught up in the disaster.

I decided to walk into the building, 'cause it wouldn't be necessary running. That, too, was a bad idea, 'cause I had wasted too much time walking up. I heard the wall break through. I decided to quicken my pace a little.

The scene I was seeing now was quite dire. Itadori was being gripped tightly by the curse. It was trying to eat him.

Itadori had something that looked like a burnt finger dangling from his mouth. The situation seemed bad, so I was about to step in.

Itadori looked like he was thinking up something reckless.

He suddenly used his moth to fling up the finger. He was aiming to put it into his mouth. He then shouted, "There is a way to save everyone. I just need some cursed energy, right, Fushiguro?!"

This guy is a pain. He's like a Midoriya Izuku 2.0. I could tell that he was about to do something reckless, too. They're the same in that regard and their heroic spirit. Well, I'm not like them.

"Yamero..." I heard a black-haired guy say from the side. I already noticed him, but I didn't focus on him. He had spiky hair, which jut out in every direction around his head.

Itadori didn't listen and went on to swallow it. I was confused why Itadori would swallow a human's finger. Is he secretly a cannibal?

But the look on the spiky-haired boy told me otherwise. This wasn't a matter of cannibalism. It was something that would affect Itadori's life forever.

I was concerned as I looked back to Itadori. I realised that a powerful energy was swirling around inside him.

As the monster was about to eat him up, I rose my hand to shoot a fireball at the monster, but what I saw next made me raise an eyebrow, not necessarily shocked, 'cause before I get shocked, u have to show me Nendou getting hit on by a girl.

The monster exploded as Itadori jumped out. He was kind of unstable, so I walked to him to try to stabilise him, but the monster was already rebounding.

Black lines formed like tattoos on Yuji's body as he just rose his arm up and finished off the monster in one strike.

Hm? It must have been that finger... but why did the ravenette want to prevent him from eating it? Was there a side-effect?

But then I saw it. A line on Itadori's face opened up to reveal an eye. That was so damn creepy. Not that I'm scared, though.

He started laughing.

"Ah, I knew it. The light feels better in the flesh."

Spiky-haired boy looked on in shock and total fear.