46: April 22nd, 2022

IG STORY - @olivia_bennett

***

"Hey, ladies!" I greeted the girls who were all gathered at a table. "Thank you for coming."

"Of course," Selena grinned as I took a seat next to her while placing all my big brown bags on our reserved table.

"I asked you all here to ask—officially—for you to be a bridesmaid in my wedding," I said.

"Oh, my god, yes!" Chloe cheered.

"Do you all accept?" I asked as I started handing out bags with their names on the front. Each was full of cute girly things. Bedazzled tumblers with their names, matching robes with the word bridesmaid on it, slippers to match the robes, candles that had a label reading 'smells like a wedding' which was scented rose and sandalwood, headbands, and metallic swimsuits that read bachelorette party on them along with sandals and sunglasses.

"Yes, a thousand times yes!" Bella exclaimed.

"This is so hot," Bonnie laughed, holding up her hot pick metallic bathing suit. Every girl got a different color.

"I love this color," Ashley gasped as she showed her neon green one.

"Mine is yellow," Chloe cheered. "Whoo!"

"Maid of honor," Bonnie cooed. "Yes."

She stood up and walked around to hug me. I gave her a tight squeeze, "of course."

"Jeez. Everyone here is married if not engaged but me," Selena pouted.

"Hey, not me," Destiny said.

"Who's getting married first?" Debby grinned, looking between Bonnie, Bella and I.

Bella scoffed, "I'm planning a long engagement. He surprised the hell out of me."

"Pete and I are in no rush," Bonnie said. "We're thinking maybe spring of next year? Planning a wedding is hard."

I winced, shrugging, "Dylan and I picked a date. Save the dates are in the process."

"When?" Selena gasped.

"October ninth," I informed them.

"Damn," Chloe smiled. "Y'all are ready!"

I nodded, "We want to get married as soon as possible so we can focus on starting a family. And I am beyond ready to be a wife. His wife. I'm ecstatic."

"Well, we are all happy for you," Ashley said.

"Yes, baby," Bella agreed. She then grabbed an empty glass off the table, "to Dolivia."

Everyone followed suit as I covered my grinning face. The joy that washes over me was insurmountable. I never thought this could happy. Everyone was happy for me. They all approved of him. And he adored them as well. It was almost too good to be true. But I think that's how it's supposed to feel. It doesn't have to be hard or complicated or exhausting.