Chapter One: The Usual Talks.

The train of Hogwarts express whistled loudly, hundreds of students waving their hands at their parents, the smiles of both fading as the train went off. Making huffing sounds, the train gained speed and was soon moving. Inside, students chattered and laughed together, the groups of four in cabins occupying the whole vehicle. 

At the end of the train, Slytherin students chatted and gossiped, this particular part of the train seeming the most quiet. In one of the cabins were Mattheo, Draco, Blaise and Lorenzo. In the second were Theodore, Tom, and Ivory. And separated from the rest, were Pansy and Blaise, everyone knowing the intimate reason for their privacy. 

Ivory sat in her place, her silver eyes scanning the text of the book she was reading. Tom was carefully writing something in his diary, Theodore merely looking out the window. Being the 'softest' in comparison to the two other students, he didn't quite know what to do, his ego didn't to either.

"What are you reading?'' Tom's voice cut through the silence like a whip, his tone only half questioning.

"Isn't the cover visible?" Ivory replied, her voice clear and cold like ice.

Tom's expression hardened. "It is. I have read the book too." He snapped back.

"Good to know." Ivory said shortly, clearly not bothering to even look at Tom while speaking.

''It's not for minors." Tom retorted, causing Ivory to freeze for a moment. "You will get disturbed by the content." 

"How is that your concern?" Ivory finally raised her head at him, her gaze sharp, almost threatening. 

The tension in the room was now thick enough to be cut with a knife.

"I don't want the only student I respect to be traumatized." Tom said quickly, his pupil dilating slightly when acknowledging the fact of slipping out his thoughts on Ivory. 

"I won't. Thank you for the concern." Ivory merely replied, her gaze shifting back to the book. Although, Tom could clearly see a small smirk forming on her pale lips. 

Being complemented wasn't uncommon for Ivy, considering the fact of her popularity in the school. "You're so pretty!" "How did you get a 100%?" "I wish I was you" were now common phrases for the girl, only feeding her ego more.

"Which part is it?" Theodore's silky voice suddenly filled the silence. 

"You mean which fraction? The series is not separated by plot," Ivory started, her voice brittle.

"It may be called both, actually." Theodore responded smoothly, causing Ivory's gaze to shift to him. He knew that young woman would rather get burned alive than be proven wrong, and hearing her speak was pleasure to his ears, making it benefit him even more.

"Do you even know the difference?" Ivory asked sharply, her pupils barely visible in envy.

"Of course." Theo replied shortly, his expression calm. His gaze was slumped (In the terms of his eyelid being lower/ more closed), his thick eyelashes creating an effect of a natural eyeliner. "Have you read all the book series?" He asked calmly, his eyebrows raising slightly.

"I am now." Ivory hissed in response, her long and pale fingers tightening on the book. Despite being angered, she was as well intrigued. For the first time in her life in Hogwarts she has been proved wrong.

"All the parts are interlinked by plot, not by content." Theodore finished evenly, the smooth gleam in his pure eyes suggesting the small sense of pride he felt.

"Thank you for informing me." Ivory said, her voice sounding forced and tense.

"Anytime, I'm glad to help." Theo cooed, offering the female student a small, half-smile.

Ivory didn't bother smiling in response, instead inspecting Theodore with envy. In the moment of silence, the two gazed at each other. Theo's eyes were soft, lazy, looking at Ivy (Short for Ivory) with nothing but impressment. Ivory's steel eyes, on the other hand, pierced Theodore within envy, along with mutual impressment hid behind it.

"I hope more people get to receive help from you." Ivy finished shortly, returning to reading the book.

Because of being the prefect of Slytherin, as well as a player in the Slytherin Quidditch team, along with being the 'perfect' student of the house, she was used to people staring at her. Despite the talent to remain focused under pressure, she couldn't help yet feel a light tingle in her stomach when being watched by Theo. He has had mixed feelings as well. 

At first, he considered himself a part of the rest, just one of the boys that admired her beauty and intelligence. However, he never found himself being in a friend group and discussing her body like others did, nor did he catch himself lusting over either. Perhaps he felt impressed not because of her grades, but because of her personality. Because of her, in general.

"Chocolate frogs, caramel mouses, edible bottle caps, ready-to-go sandwiches, bottled butter beer, teas, anything you wish all here!" The plump lady chimed, snapping the two out of their thoughts.

Looking at the lady and lowering the book, Ivory inspected the trolly in front of her and spoke. "One sandwich and a bottle of tea." Ivory said calmly.

"Wonderful! There you go, young lady." Chimed the seller, offering Ivy the food she ordered.

"Butterbeer." Tom said coldly, not bothering to look at the lady. 

The lady merely handed him the drink, she cheerful smile on her face fading.

"One caramel mouse, please." Theodore said at last, his voice sounding smooth like silk, to Ivy, at least.

"Here." Said the plump lady and handed the young man his order.

She then left, leaving the empty silence to hang in the cabin.

After another half and hour, the students arrived to their destination...