1

Aqeel POV

Hakim threw the ball to me, and I dribbled my way over to the other team's hoop and shot the winning goal, before the ball had even bounced back onto the ground, everyone started chanting for me.

"A-KEY-YUL, A-KEY-YUL, A-KEY-YUL" Then some started grabbing me from my arms whilst others grabbed me from my legs and carried on cheering.

"A-KEY-YUL, A-KEY-YUL, A-KEY-YUL." As captain of the basketball team, it's not the first time this has happened this whole week. Practically every time we play they always have to celebrate for me, which is why I don't really have much excitement but I still love it. And of course, the other salty team asked for a rematch claiming that our team was cheating but I wasn't scared to take them on.

"We could play another game then?" No one listened since they were too busy celebrating, and the other team leader gave me a dirty look. 

I shrugged my shoulders at him and turned the other way, and then my eyes met a beautiful girl just watching this commotion. She was perfect, dark wavy hair, and brown eyes that sparkled in the sunlight. Even so, I figured she was probably scared and didn't want anything to do with me.

Kyra POV

He was so my type. A naturally curly head, a basketball player, dimples and a jawline I would kill to grab. I could tell he was the easy type, another fish to catch, but then my mum sent me a voice message telling me to get to the car quickly, so I had to break the moment with this guy and get to my mum.

Aqeel POV

I couldn't bear to lay my eyes off that girl but then she started to run away whilst tugging her mini skirt down. I knew it. I knew she was just trying to figure out what was happening here, or even scared, but I couldn't let her go. As with many past crushes, they all started the same way, with me absolutely adoring them and chasing after them at one glance at them but it never lasted and was just a continuous cycle. Now it could be a bad thing that I go after a girl I just saw for less than a minute but it's best to take a chance at least. 

At that point, I decided to chase after her so I threw my hoodie off and threw it in the basketball court and continued to run.

"YO! Aqeel where are you going, I thought you wanted to play another game." It could seem rude that I ignored my own friends, but this girl was my one priority right now and if chasing her means that I could spear one conversation with her then I will. 

Even though I am not much of a runner, I don't think I have ever run this fast before, but after I took a turn, I saw her and could finally stop running. As I walked up to her trying to control my breathing seeming as I didn't want it to look like I was running after her, we made eye contact. Her beauty was unreal, it was perfect, a chance to make her mine I couldn't resist.

● ● ● ● ●

"Hey b-beautiful, I saw you watching me over there on the basketball court, do you go to this school?"

"Yeah, it was my first day here, I actually introduced myself like 5 times today in different classes and in the assembly hall that you were all in." Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. I had made a mistake there, I mean I don't remember seeing that face, I can't even remember what I had for lunch today. Oh wait actually I remember, I stole chocolate from one of my friend's packed lunch when he got up to get a tissue he still doesn't know right now. But that's beside the point, I have to take my second chance, best of three. Now I just have to guess her name.

"Oh, right you're Kathy?"

"No..."

"Silly me, you are Rebecca, right?"