Chapter 2: Somewhere New

They walked for many sunrises and sunsets. They passes many towns. They knew the one when they saw it, though. It's skyline was low, yet still vast.

Willy paused. He stared. He turned to Y/N. His headgear glinted in the morning sun. "That's it. That's the one. That's our new home, Y/N. We're gonna be everything we ever wanted to be, right there." He pointed to a particularly low spot in the towns silhouette.

~

They made our way through the winding streets. Cleaner than their old home but not by a lot.

The people. The people were a breath of fresh air. They stood outside hanging up their laundry, smiling at those who walked past. They played in the streets and laughed and ran and chased. They weren't rich, but they also weren't hopeless.

They wandered for a while before finding a lone woman on her porch reading a newspaper. She smiled and waved. "Excuse me," Willy started. "Would you happen to know a good place to get a job around here?"

She flipped back in her newspaper and scanned the page for a moment. "The sweets factory's been putting out ads for a while now, I'm sure they would be more than glad to hire you guys. It's up that way," She pointed. "Just get on that road and keep following it, factory's hard to miss."

"Thank you very much, ma'am." Willy said. She smiled and nodded and flipped back to her original page.

They followed the path she gave them and eventually arrived at Slugworth Chocolate Inc. The large, grey building stuck out from the small wooden houses. Black smoke rose into the sky and left a dark smudge.

He looked at Y/N. He gave her a small, stupid smile like a kid in a candy factory. "We're gonna make it Y/N. This is our fresh start."