Chapter 4

"Remember Emma, don't embarrass yourself, and your father," Charlotte fixed her cousin's hat.  "Am I going to solve a mystery with you Daddy?" Emma turned to her father. "Hm? Oh! Of course, in a way," He winked. Arriving at the McKenzie premise, they exited the vehicle.

"Welcome Mr. Steward," Sir Lloyd greeted. "This is your solution?" He gestured to Emma. "She's my daughter," James smirked at him. "How will that help my Lynette?" Sir Lloyd asks, as his three girls joined him. "Plenty," James replies. 

Emma is led to Lynette, who hasn't  moved from her chair. "Um......Hello. I'm Emma," Emma said awkwardly.  There was no reply. Emma came closer to the girl and a servant brought a chair for to sit in. "Lynette, my father is here to help you. You said something about Evil?" Emma prodded. Lynette's lips moved. "Evil is in this place. It took my sister from me." Emma leaned closer and whispered, "What evil?" "The curse. The curse of the Whittaker Women. And it will take Jo and Betty and Doris......and me," She said, her lips quivering. Emma takes the girl in a hug. "That won't happen. My father will find the man who killed your sister. I'm sure of it!"

Lynette broke down and hugged Emma back. For the first time in a long while, she's hugged someone. Her eyes drifted to once again out the window and she let out a scream. 

Her father and the others came running, with Louise kicking down the door. Both girls were standing and Lynette was pointing her finger. "Look! Down there!" She said hysterically. Sir Lloyd looked to where his daughter pointing at. There was a man standing down there. Fury was evident on Sir Lloyd's face. He left the room and they all but Lynette and her three remaining sisters followed. 

He marched towards the man who turned his attention to him. "Jedidiah, what do you gain by scaring my daughter?" Sir Lloyd demanded. Jedidiah laughed. "I had no intention of it. Little Lynn was always the dramatic type," He grinned. "My guests, this is Jedidiah Strong, he lives on the premise. I can't tell you how many times I tried to get rid of him," Sir Lloyd glared. "I'm like warts Lloyd, you can't get rid of me," He answered. "Well my husband can," Mary snidely said. "Um.......that is to be seen," James said back. "Yes to be soon," Jedidiah smiled. "Sir Lloyd, I would like to question your staff if you don't mind," James turned to his host. "I don't mind," Sir Lloyd said graciously. "Neither do I," Jedidiah grinned. "Good, let's go then," he smiled. 

A/N: Yes I'm stopping here. Next chapter coming out soo.