003, lunch with medusa

THE FOUR OF them had been walking through the woods

THE FOUR OF them had been walking through the woods. Daphne and Annabeth were walking in front of the boys.

"Somewhere up ahead this turns into a satyr path," Grover said.

"What's a satyr path?" Percy asked.

"It's a road through the wilderness," Grover explained, "Satyr explores use them. Harder to track us."

"That's great, but if we stay in the wilderness, how are we gonna find a phone?" The boy then asked.

"What do we need a phone for?" Annabeth questioned, turning to the boy.

"So we can call camp," He replied. "T- to get help."

Daphne turned around. "We don't need help,"

"We're fine," Annabeth added.

Percy scoffed. "We're fine? We haven't even gotten to Trenton, and we're wandering through a forest. I didn't even know they had forests in New Jersey, but we've found one. I would say we're the opposite of fine."

"We were sent on a quest by the Oracle, by the gods." Annabeth stated. "What did you think, it would be easy? It's supposed to be hard. That's why only certain people are chosen. If we call camp, we're basically saying it was a mistake to choose us."

"I'm completely comfortable with that," Percy replied. "Everyone makes mistakes."

Daphne sighed. She didn't want it to be a mistake, she had to prove herself. To the gods, to her mom, to the camp, to her siblings.

"Why are you so afraid?" Annabeth asked him and they all came to a stop.

Daphne hoped there wouldn't be more arguing.

"You know, what's interesting about this particular satyr path is it's actually the one my Uncle Ferdinand took when he set out on his own quest." Grover tried to change the subject.

"What was that supposed to mean, afraid of who I am?" He questioned. "I'm not afraid."

"Yes, you are." She told him. "You aren't just a kid. "Just a kid" doesn't do what you did to Clarisse back at camp. "Just a kid" doesn't have Hades sending top lieutenants to retrieve them. You know, you are a part of something so much bigger than we can understand right now. We have to move forward, whether you like it or not, whether you want to or not."

"You don't want to call camp, fine." He said. "Then, at least let's call your mom."

"Excuse me?" Annabeth questioned.