Chapter 1

You look out the window of your shared dorm, the little droplets of rain sliding down the glass pane. Through your eyes, you admired the gloominess of the clouds, and the silence of your campus. However, your peace was interrupted by your roommate, Mikasa, who was also your closest friend, entering through the door. You mumbled out a small greeting acknowledging her presence before laying flat on your back.

You consider yourself lucky in the regard that you shared your dorm with someone you know. Internally laughing at the thought, lucky, you were lucky indeed. You'd prefer someone you knew your whole life over someone who's probably snobby and an asshole.

"What's having you smiling over there?" Mikasa questioned with a slight smile of her own adorning her face. You roll over on your stomach, resting your head on your folded arms.

"Mm, nothing," you hum out before looking at the black haired girl. She moves to sit on the edge of your bed, her soft hands threading through your hair. You close your eyes at the gentle feeling. "I was out with my sorority", Mikasa started. You stayed silent, knowing she was going to continue whatever she had to say. Her hands continue playing with your hair. "On the weekend, the sorority and fraternity are having a get together at the frat house. It's like a.." she paused. "Bonding activity."

"Mhm" You reply softly. You assumed she was telling you this to let you know where she would be over the weekend. So you wouldn't worry. You open one eye to look at her when she stops moving her fingers through your hair. You notice her mouth open and close. Like she's hesitating to say something. You close your eyes again and let her take her time. After all, you were never an impatient person. Especially when it comes to her.

"I was wondering" She pauses for a bit. "If you would like to come", Mikasa finally spits out. Like ripping the bandaid off. She knew you weren't a people person. It was hard to make conversation with people for you, you preferred being alone anyways. You sit up at her request, resting your back against the wall. You weren't mad, just curious as to where the offer came from.

You raise your brow, silently telling her to elaborate.

Mikasa moves to sit next to you. "They told us we're allowed to bring plus ones. And I just", she looks away, a slight blush dusting her cheeks. "I wanted to have you go out. You don't have to make any friends, even becoming acquainted with a few people is all I really ask." She finishes. You move to rest your head on her shoulder. You knew she didn't have any bad intent behind her request.

"That's thoughtful of you, and I appreciate it." You reply. Honestly speaking, you weren't totally against the idea. And you wanted to make Mikasa happy, this is the first time she invited you to one of her sorority things. It's not like she didn't want you to go before, she just wanted you to warm up to everything first.

"So?" She asks. Gently pushing for your answer.

"I-" You start. Your fingers tapping on your knees softly as you ponder in thought. You haven't gone out since the beginning of this year, and it's the 15th of October now. Reserved by nature, and only harboring 2 friends, one being Mikasa, the other being your boyfriend, Jean, you didn't see any reason to go out. It's not like you didn't like the feeling of your bed..

However, you don't want to let down Mikasa.

You nod your head against her shoulder before saying your next words. "Yeah", you breathe out. "I'll go."

~~~~~

Your palms are sweaty as you sit on the sofa in your boyfriend's dorm. He was currently pacing back and forth, displeased at the idea of you going out. You sit crossed legged, your thighs slightly shaking at your lover's anger. He stops, and your eyes dart to him.