Mysterious

Alex stood at the kitchen counter, drinking a cup of water spiritlessly. He was hungover. Aside from the splitting headache and dizziness, his mind was full of the man he saw last night. And-- to his amazement-- he couldn't recall the man's name, only his appearance. 

And we talked about it extensively; I know this! Something about nicknames, nicknames... but nothing is coming to me! Sure, I remember the nickname he gave me, Al. But what was the one I gave him?  Did it start with a C or an S? Pretty sure S, but at the same time...

He sighed. 

I remember his face-- or at least what he was willing to show me. That lip piercing that made me so freaking tempted-- of course I would remember that. But that wouldn't measure up to his voice-- oh god, that voice. That brazen, flirtatious, sultry--

"Good morning, Alex!" Eveyln said.

He jumped. He turned around to meet his grandmothers' eyes, and suddenly his feelings of excitement were replaced by shame. 

"Morning." He said blandly. 

Eveyln came to stand by him, readying the coffee maker. "What's got you all mopey?"

"Hangover." 

At least part of that is true. 

"Hmm, really? I'll make you some soup, dear." She looked at him quizzically. "Don't mind my prying, but don't you hate alcohol?" 

"Just uhh thought I'd try it again, see if I liked it." 

"Did you?" 

He tittered slightly, "Nope, not at all, ma. Makes me forget things."

She put a mug under the coffee drip. "What did you need to remember?" 

His voice got stuck in his throat. 

"Did you meet someone that struck your fancy?" Alex looked away. "Oh, my! Really? Right after we talked about that yesterday? That's a coincidence if I ever saw one." 

 Alex shook his head. "Well... I did meet someone but--" 

"Who?" 

"I uh, I don't know. He's kind of-- sort of mysterious. I didn't get a good look at him to tell who it was-- and I forgot his name." He said. 

"He? Well, I suppose I was wrong about my first assumption." She said. "Unless if he struck your fancy after all?" 

Alex blushed and looked at the counter. "Do- do you know someone around here with a lip piercing?"

She mulled over the question for a moment. "Sam? I know he has one, got it just two weeks ago I reckon." 

He looked at Eveyln thoughtfully, hope boiling inside his chest. "Really? Where's he live?" He said a little too eagerly. 

"1 Willow Lane, it's the house near Haley's old house." She said.

He rushed to his room-- which Eveyln kept just the way he left it-- and grabbed a coat. He was out the door a minute later. 

-- -- -- -- 

He stood in front of Sam's house, contemplating whether Sam really was the person he saw last night.

I think I know who Sam is... isn't he that dude with that weird blond hair? He was friends with that one emo dude and emo girl; I know that. I don't really remember them either, to be honest. I can excuse myself for that since my head fucking hurts.