36

HUNTER POV

"Alright come on, try again" My mom said as she was with me in the studio, coaching me through my song I was getting recorded

I couldn't believe I was receiving constructive criticism from my mom when it comes to vocal coaching. Something I always dreamed of.

It also takes my mind off of this bullshit with Roddy. We talk from time to time, and I've been staying with my mom till we figure things out.

I just need my space right now.

"I lost a friend
I can't fight you anymore
I'm tired of choosing you
Over myself
It's sad
And it hurts that it is overrrr" I sang.

"Push. Remember, real singers sing from three places. The head.." My mom started off, as I kept singing, and she touched my head.

"The diaphragm" She added, placing her hand on my lower stomach.

"And the heart.." She finished, putting her finger to my heart, and I kept going.

"Distance and pain
Made my life feeling smaller
I thought without you
I'd be broken
But I came to realize
That I can be alone
It's mad and it burns that it is overrrr" I sang from my core.

"That's it baby, keep going!" My mom said as I was recording in the booth and she stood right beside me with a smile.

"But I'm okay to say that it's overrrr
It is overrrr...
It isssss overrrrrr
It is overrrrrrrrrrr oh, nooo..." I sang out.

I then took a deep breath as I finished, and my mom clapped her hands and said "Don't you feel better about that take?"

"I do!" I said with a smile. "I want this song to be on my album. I just.. I wrote it when I was in a rocky place and I can really feel the lyrics and I know my audience will feel it too." I added.

"And that's the whole point of creating music." My mom said giving me a hug and I hugged her back.

She grabbed my lyric sheet and started singing it a bit.

"Years have gone by, tears still stain my pillow
You played games with my emotions" She sang.

And I joined her, creating harmony.

"Real friends don't leave their wounds open
But I'm okay to say that it's overrrr" We sang together.

"Yes, yes, yes. Hunter baby this is beautiful" My mom said analyzing the lyric sheet and I smiled saying "Thank you mommy. That means the world coming from you."