Chapter 15: Good Memories

•_______King Dice POV________•

The restaurant is so huge and fancy. I look at the line of people, it's not much, plus Boss told me he reserved a table for us, so it's should be fine. We make our way in the building and the restaurant had a similar theme to the Casino. It had red and white as the main colours and golden plates. We talk a little to kill the time and, finally, our time comes. - A table for two. Reserved, the Devil - Boss remarked at the waiter. -Of course Your Majesty, your table is at the VIP area, a waiter will take you there in a short time.- The waiter kindly let us in and other restaurateurs started to look at us for some seconds then they returned back to their foods and plates.

-This place is beautiful- I genuinely commented the fashion style they used here, it's very fitting for formal events and important nights. Not for nothing it's the most expensive and fancier restaurant here in Inkwell. (image below)

We sit down at the VIP area making me and The Devil face each others

We sit down at the VIP area making me and The Devil face each others. It was kind of..strange from him, but might as well enjoy it while it lasts!

I fix my posture and i look at the very cured table with already a bottle of wine waiting for us, it had some imperfections. Like the fork that it was a little bit too inclined. -Is this the type of "relaxing" that you needed?- Boss asks, i return my look on him as he glances down, resting while leaning on the chair with some formal clothes he wore, strangely enough. -Seriously, thank you Boss- I smile back to him as i fix the fork that was bothering me a little.
He laughs at my gestures and then he proceeds calls the waiter with a snap of his fingers and a nod to take the menus and bread for the moment.

•_________Time passes_________•

We got our orders and while we wait there are some long sequences of silent moments. The awkward ones.

After a few minutes I see the Big Fluffy Demon move a bit, fixing his posture i guess. He opens his mouth and with a bit of suspense he simply asks a very. Boring. And useless question. -So, how many years have passed since we have met?- He asked while looking at me with a grin on his face. "smart ass" I thought. -Sir y' know it, since I was 21. So it should be 89 years since then- I laughed softly while rolling my eyes jokingly.

(King Dice is 110 in here just like in the "cannon"  game).

We continue to talk about the times when I was just the "new guy" and how different I was, and even about the others in the crew. Looking at the past it makes me happy that I choose to stay here, instead of being stuck in that hell-hole. The food eventually arrived and we calmly ate it as we continued to remember the good ol' days.

•_________Devil's POV_________•

As the time goes by we laugh and talk about the good days and strangely, it's nice seeing him smile in a truthful way, not the forced and "better" one as he calls it. I can see his dimples as his smile reveals all his perfect teeth and his cheeks glowing, it could also be the help of the make-up, but he always looks like a very perfect man.

"The perfect man."

Everything he wears or does is always perfect, even his movements and obsessions over the clean and organised stuffs. If it wasn't for him sometimes I would be losing myself in caos.

His dots around his "head" are always cured even after the match we had. While I have this big crack on my left horn leaving it permanent and with the top of my right's missing.
-Boss is everything alright?- He calls my attention making me realise that i was staring him too much -Ah, Oh well yes indeed. Everything is good- I return at my own plate while hearing another laugh from him.

What a beautiful way to end the day. Talking, eating, drinking and enjoying the time with my number 1 .
We both deserve this relaxing moment.

•_________Time passes_________•
(I know again)

The time passed fast and it was late, I decided to close the casino early and to not do the night shift so the crew could relax a bit.

Me and Dice get up from the seats and we make our way to pay and get out from the Fancy Restaurant. While doing so I continued to look at Dice's face.

A strange feeling..

it burns but.. I like it?.

We get out while my head is full of wondering of why now i feel dizzy? I don't know how to describe it much.

-I really appreciate your effort and the willing to take me out tonight, Boss- He thanks me again with his very bright smile. - Just a little thought..Don't get used to it.- I answer trying to keep my composure. -Well, now it's late, you should go in your room, goodnight Dice- I quickly say as we enter the casino, empty luckily. Leaving him alone by the stairs as I take myself in my room. "Fuck am i going soft? Am i being to Kind?" This questions are making my mind explode. I massage my temples and take of my clothes with a liberating breath, as I was starting to feel icky from those...clothes.

My stomach keeps to burn..might be the food.. But it only activates when King smiles...

Nah, must be the food.

I rest myself in my bad trying to fight the ache I feel in my stomach and chest. Hoping that the day went well even for Dice. My number 1.