chapter five

"It's a week long camping trip, it's not a must, but it will be a good thing to do to ease your mind before your final exams

"It's a week long camping trip, it's not a must, but it will be a good thing to do to ease your mind before your final exams." It's the homecoming party tonight and the teacher just informed us about the camp trip we have on Monday.

I resist the urge to smile. I'm definitely going. It will be an opportunity to stop studying and have some fun for once. And I'll also be away from my parents for a whole week; that's a like a dream.

The bell rings and chattering and clattering start again as learners discuss everything they were withholding during class. I grab Casey's hand before she gets lost in the crowd. "Are we going?" She asks, I already knew she wanted to.

"That's a question?" I grin. "Fuck yes we are."

We talk about a few more things as we took our time by the lockers. "I have biology right now." I groan. "I have maths." She blinked long and hard.

And that's how we part ways, and I'm alone for the rest of the lessons before lunchtime.

. . .

"Honey, are you sure?" My mom asks maybe feeling a bit doubtful at my decision to the trip and the homecoming party. "How long will I lock myself up, mom?" I drop my makeup brush, and look into her worried eyes. "I want to have fun like other children. I wanna go party, I want to have that adrenaline rush... I just want to enjoy my teenage years before they slip out of my hands."

She nods, understanding. "Be safe, keep your location on, and don't drink."

I give her a smile. "Okay."

She walks towards the door but pauses. She looks back at me, smiles, and then proceeds to walk again.

The door closed behind her and I continue getting ready. I wasn't planing on getting my hair burnt to crisp so I decided to install a wig, I got it done yesterday.

I did my lips and lashes, and then blended in some highlighter on the inner corner of my eyes, on my cheekbones and on the cupid bow on my lips.

I apply more gloss on my lips and then I see a FaceTime call coming from Cas. I answer it immediately.

"I need help with picking a dress." She says into the phone. I put my phone against my mirror so I'm facing it as well as the mirror.

"Good, because me too."

I had a total of four pink dresses I wanted to wear, and I wanted them all.

. . .

The hall was lit up with lights everywhere. There was like a bar in the middle of the hall whereby drinks of all sorts were offered. Then the DJ at the front of the hall.

The music was awfully loud and the people were ten times louder. Cas was draped in a silk white dress whereas I wore one the pink dresses that matched with my Versace heels.