Chapter 2

"What do you mean by wrong hands?" Adella asked curiously. "Mother, please, tell us more. What do you mean by the lights are not just lights? What are they then?" the queen left uttering sounds but before she could properly answer the carriage stopped. 

They had arrived at their destination: the fancy garden where the ceremony was being held. The queen looked at her daughters. "We will talk more later, my dears. But now, we must go and join the others." 

"But why." Amira whined in a babyish matter. "Adella, Amira my dears, I know you tow have many questions that needs answers too. And I promise, I will answer them all. But not now, not here. This is not the time, nor the place. We have to go and join the others." 

"Uh!?" Amira sounded confused at the same time dumbfounded.

"This is a very important and special day. We must not be late." As so, one of the guards stepped forward opening the carriage door and she stepped out. She was greeted by a loud and cheerful applause, and a trumpet fanfare. 

She smiled and waved, as she walked towards the garden. Amira and Adella got out of the carriage and followed their mother, followed by a herald, who announced their arrival. "Behold, the queen of Solara, and her daughters, princesses Amira and Adella! Welcome, welcome, to the ceremony of the blossoms! The ceremony where princesses and princes from all around the kingdom and neighboring kingdoms will meet, and greet, and have fun!"

The garden was a sight to behold. It was full of flowers and trees, of colors and scents, of lights and sounds. It was decorated with banners and ribbons, with candles and lanterns, with jewels and crystals. It was filled with royal guests, music and laughter, with joy and wonder. 

The queen went to join the other royal mothers, who were sitting on a platform, overlooking the garden. She exchanged greetings and compliments and took her seat. She looked at her daughters and gave them a nod. Amira and Adella went to join the other princesses and princes, who were mingling and chatting, in the garden. They exchanged names and smiles and joined the crowd. 

Amira was eager and thrilled, to meet new people and have fun. Hopeful, to see the blossoms and their magic, but Adella kept calm.  Listening, nodding and smiling.

As the sisters were talking and mingling, they were approached by a group of friends, who were also from the same country but some from other kingdoms. They were all princes and princesses, who had grown up together, and knew each other well. 

They were all wearing outfits that matched their country's colors. They greeted the sisters and joined the conversation. 

The talk was mainly of the ceremony itself, sharing rumors and stories, facts and opinions, secrets and lies. They spake of the blossoms, and what they meant.

"I heard that the blossoms are beautiful, and magical." One boy shared.

"I heard that they could change colors, and shapes, and sizes, and that they can show us our true selves, and our true friends also." The other boy added.

"I heard that the blossoms are ugly, and wicked." A girl spake with an unkind expression.

Amira put her hands on her waist. "Well, I heard that they could sing songs, and tell stories." She added her hearsay while Adella side eyed her rolling her eyes judging her sister's mindset. "Oh please." She mumbled to herself.

"Well, I also heard that they could scream curses, and tell lies, and make threats. They can reveal our darkest fears, and our worst enemies." The same unkind expressionist girl added more info to her story.

"I heard that the blossoms are common, and worthless. That they can be seen, and touched, by anyone. That they can be used, and controlled, by the clever ones. That they can be shared, and loved, by the fakers." A very shy and timid girl also poured in her info.

As they were talking and mingling more, a question from one of their friends arose. He asked the sisters, and the others. "So, do you know if other royal kids from around the world will be coming to the ceremony? I heard that there are many different countries, and cultures, and languages. I think it would be interesting, and fun, to meet them and learn from them."

Amira smiled. "Of course, they will be coming. Why wouldn't they? This is the most amazing, and wonderful, and awesome ceremony ever. Everyone wants to be here, and see the blossoms, and their magic. Also see me cause I'm beautiful and Latina!" On which everyone looked at Amira weirdly.

Adella sighed, "Amira, please, don't be so ignorant. Not everyone wants to be here, and see the blossoms, and their magic. Everyone is different, and unique, and special."

The others looked at Adella and gave her a nod. 

They heard an announcement, a voice from the platform, where the mothers were sitting. It was the queen of Solara, and their mother. She had a microphone, and a speaker, and a smile. She spake to the crowd, and the garden, and the world.

"Greetings to everyone. Welcome to the ceremony of the blossoms. The ceremony where we will celebrate, and appreciate, and honor the blossoms," The crowd clapped, and cheered as she began with her intro.

She paused for a second and smiled, "There'll be games to play, activities to enjoy, new things to discover, and much more!" She said. "Are you ready, everyone? Ready to see the blossoms, and their magic and blossom yourselves!"

The crowd of young royals irrupted once again clapping, and cheering, "Yes, yes, we are ready!"

The queen smiled, "Then let the ceremony begin!"

She pressed a button, and the garden lit up. The flowers and trees, the candles and lanterns, the jewels and crystals, all shone with bright and colorful lights. The music and laughter, the joy and wonder, all filled the air with sweet and cheerful sounds. The princesses and princes, all moved with grace and harmony. The blossoms and their magic and secrets, all revealed themselves to everyone.

The ceremony of the blossoms had begun.

Meanwhile, in another land, far away from the kingdom of Solara, there were two people who were not enjoying anything. They were the queen of Origami, a small village in the kingdom of Masa, and her son, Han. They were sitting in a dark and cold room.

The queen was a strict and harsh woman, with blond hair tied up into a bun and light brown eyes. She wore a simple dress but fancy beige dress, the colors of her land. She ruled with an iron fist, and a cold heart. She did not care about the blossoms, or their magic. She only cared about power, and control, and order.

Han was her only son, and heir, thirteen years old. He had long black hair and brown eyes, and he wore a plain shirt and pants. He was smart and talented, very well-known in both Origami and Masa.

The queen looked at her son looking desperate. "Han, my son, we need to talk. About Solara, and the ceremony of the blossoms. About what they are really doing, and what we must do to stop them."

Han listened to his mother, in a curious and attentive manner. "Mother, my queen, we have talked about this before. Many times, and in many ways. You have told me why we do not find ourselves involved. And I have agreed with you and understood you."

The queen nodded resting her shoulders for a bit, "Good, my son. Then you also know that the ceremony is not what it seems. It's not a celebration nor a festival, but their game! It's a ritual, a sacrifice. They use the ceremony, and the blossoms, to calm things down. To appease the spirits, and their forces. To prevent the disaster, and the chaos."

Han looked at his mother, in a confused and surprised way. "Mother, my queen, what are you talking about? What spirits and their forces? And What disaster? What are they doing, and why are they doing it!?"

The queen looked at her son, in a frantic and paranoid way. "You do not know the truth, and the reality, and the danger." She spoke. "The time has come, my son. The time has come for the cycle to break. That they have used, abused, and corrupted."