3

The morning sun painted the hospital room in a soft glow as Ashton, undeterred by the previous night's scolding, decided to pay Selena a visit during breakfast. He approached her room with a tray of hospital-approved breakfast items, determined to brighten her day.

This time, there was no need for stealth or tiptoeing. The hospital corridor was alive with the sounds of nurses chatting and the clatter of breakfast trays. Ashton knocked gently on Selena's door, a cheerful smile playing on his lips.

"Morning, Selena! I come bearing breakfast," Ashton announced, entering with a tray filled with the hospital's version of morning sustenance. Selena, her eyes lighting up at the unexpected visit, greeted him with a grateful smile.

As they shared a makeshift breakfast in the hospital room, laughter replaced the tension from the night before. The clinking of plastic utensils and the occasional soft hum of conversation created a symphony that echoed the comfort of shared moments.

Their breakfast rendezvous became a ritual, a break from the routine of hospital life. Ashton, with his easygoing nature, brought a sense of normalcy to Selena's medical journey. The hospital room, once a sterile space, transformed into a haven for laughter, camaraderie, and the simple joy of a shared meal.

The morning sun continued its ascent, casting a warm light on the unlikely friendship that bloomed within the clinical confines of the hospital. Ashton's determination to bring a slice of normalcy to Selena's days became a testament to the resilience and camaraderie that can flourish even in the most unexpected of circumstances.