The Mix Up

Erika

I love my girl, Brianna, but I'm wondering if she is desperate at this point. She is hooking up with this perv that called our job a few times. Yet, she found out that the guy is some rich bachelor, or so she says, I really don't know. I know she's tired of having booty calls, I actually told her to leave Andre's ass alone a long time ago, but a bitch has needs and I understand that.

Anthony met me at work and we decided to go to grab something to eat at Flattop Grill. I hadn't been there in a long time and was happy that Anthony was able to go with me. With him opening the tattoo shop, he's been busy so every chance I get to spend time with him, I'll take.

"Hey baby, how's your work?" Anthony asked as we sat down at the table.

"Everything is good, the usual. How's the shop going?" I responded.

"Good, things are picking up. My regular clients are happy they have somewhere to go now instead of me having to set up shop in their kitchen."

"That's good. At least you have some loyal customers."

He nodded, "Hey how's Brianna? Is she still hooking up with that nigga, Andre?"

"Not anymore, she's found someone else to occupy her time." I said thinking about Mr. Perv.

"Oh really? Who?"

"Some guy who has been stalking her," I blurted out, not really thinking about the answer.

"Really? Why?"

"Well, apparently he's rich and...."

"Rich?! That motherfucker can stalk me if he wants to. Shit I'll even send dick pics." Anthony said with a serious face. I just shook my head.

"I don't think he's into guys, but he's some financial guru or something like that, she was saying," I said and Anthony's eyes grew large.

"Financial guru? You make it sound like she has Malachi Brooks stalking her," Anthony uttered. I looked at him and froze.

How the fuck did he know him?

"How did you know who that was?"

"Who? Malachi Brooks?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed.

"Who doesn't know Malachi Brooks? He is like the financial guru of all gurus. He gives financial advice for owning your own business. The financial firm in which he works, he is the main advisor bringing over half of those accounts for the company."

"Really?" I was floored. Anthony knew Malachi Brooks and Brianna were telling the truth. "Well apparently Malachi is the one who was stalking Brianna." I said. Even the words coming out of my mouth didn't sound right.

Why would Malachi Brooks be stalking anyone?

"Nah, that's not true," Anthony shot me down. I got offended because I knew Brianna wouldn't lie to me.

"It is true," I said, knowing Brianna had no reason to lie, even though it seemed very hard to believe. I mean, why would a rich and handsome guy make sexual prank phone calls?

"How do you know?"

"Because I had someone do a reverse lookup and they came up with his information?"

"A reverse lookup?"

"Never mind that, the guy's name was Malachi Brooks." I said looking at him directly in his eyes. He realized I was speaking the truth. His expression went from seriously? to for real?