PROLOGUE

In the vast deserts of Rajasthan, filled with the golden hue of the desert sand, its magnificent palaces, cities and markets filled with life and joy, the Rajput royal family resided in the palace of Jaipur, having it as their administrative capital.

Jaipur was a magnificent city true to its name and glory, filled with abundant wealth and endless heritage, ruled by the Rajput family for centuries.

The Rajput family had a past, a secret, a power no one knew about. It was confined within the family members - only the Rajputs themselves knew about it.

It was a power which flowed in their blood for generations, only blessed and given to the females of the Rajput family.

The Rajputs placed their women on a pedestal - treated them with dignity and respect. Rajasthan was not only ruled by its kings but also their powerful and elegant queens, who were widely known for their wisdom.

Any princess of any royal family in India would gladly wish to have an alliance with the Rajputs over the ages, as it meant the women from their families will be blessed and chosen by the goddess to carry the future heir of the Rajput family of Rajasthan.

Some of the members of the Rajput royal family found this power as a blessing and others thought of it as a curse.

The power will enable the direct descendent of the throne - a girl child - to have visions of the future, but these powers serve as a warning alone, as the future is not written in stone - it changes and flows along with time and the decisions which are made in the present.

The king of Rajasthan Amrit Rajput was no different from his predecessors - his father and great-grandfather - who feared this power.

Amrit had seen his mother, the former queen of Rajasthan suffer from this power. He did not want his beloved daughter Annika to fall into its traps.

He knew he could not stop the power from descending into her. It runs in the blood and it was the destiny of every girl child born into this family.

But the day she was born, as her father, he made a promise to himself and his daughter that for the sake of her safety and wellbeing, he would do everything in his power, anything and everything to keep her safe.

So since a very young age, Annika was not permitted to the part of the palace where her grandmother resided, even though it hurt Amrit knowing that he was distancing his daughter from her grandmother and was not permitting them to form or forge the bond.

He knew he was hurting both of them in the process of doing so, but this was a necessity to keep his daughter safe.

The day Annika turned 18, her powers awakened within her and her grandmother's powers started to disappear slowly, as the powers only answer to one master - so two people of the family cannot yield it at the same time.

The power is often considered a blessing. Due to the visions, the family had been able to avoid all the disasters the princely state had to face once.

Annika had a vision of a fire, a big fire burning in the warehouse, where rations were stored for the upcoming winter season.

The king had put his guards on watch the very moment he heard about this and they caught a terrorist trying to set the warehouse on fire and he was put in prison for the rest of his life.

But it was considered a curse as well, because women who were not able to yield their powers tended to go mad, sink into its clutches and slowly drown in the sea of madness and this seemed almost inevitable for them.

The former queen was lucky as she found a way to yield it after some point in her life, even though people considered her to be in an unstable state of mind.

But in fact, the truth was that she had seen too much, known too much, had been visited by the future - her visions - so much that at some point, she lost track of time and reality, as the line between reality and the visions started to blur in her old age.

But she still held her power as the former queen. She had taught her son and her grandson Aditya Rajput all they know about being a Rajput, all about their titles, powers, responsibilities and what it meant to be born into the Rajput family of Rajasthan. 

A/N:

hello everyone your author is back with another book just for you. hope yoyall have a wonderful read yet again see you all in chapter 1 get read for the duel pov. p.s its my first time writing a duel pov hope it works out