第十章

CHAPTER TEN

"Hey... Am I hallucinating from your bonking or is that really Shu Xin?"

Guo Feng's voice jolted Chen Li Sha awake. Picking up her gun, she shot without batting an eye.

"Deng yixia! Wait!" Guo Feng shouted but bullets already flew midair.

What Guo Feng feared did not happen. Shu Xin eluded the attack. The woman summoned the weapon they were so familiar with.

The last time Chen Li Sha saw her, the sword Shu Xin was holding appeared ordinary but now, her blessing as a demigod was evident and made everything more complicated.

The glowing white sword followed the shape of a lightning bolt. She had enough missions with Shu Xin that she was fully aware that it could cause electric shocks which could burn anyone to death with a single stroke.

"What the hell are you planning, Shu Xin?" she shouted.

The woman only threw her a glare as she poised to attack. Her sword glimmered as it struck Chen Li Sha with precision but she managed to get away.

Chen Li Sha grabbed her dagger and two metals clashed. Each strike was a calculated move on both sides. It was almost the same as their training days if not for the murderous intent surging from Shu Xin.

"Shu Xin!" she called her attention as their faces were inches apart. "Just what do you want?"

A smug grin crept on her face. "What do you think?"

The voice sent chills to Chen Li Sha's spine. It was the same but there was a warning of viciousness. "Who are you?"

'Is the also an illusion by the Desastre?'

But it was too real to be such. Then again, more often than not when illusions tend to be more perfect than reality. She glanced on Guo Feng's side but her eyes widened.

No wonder, she did not hear a single shit-talking out of him. He was nowhere to be found. Dread instantly coursed through her veins.

"What have you done to him?"

The woman shrugged before sidestepping. She launched another attack while Chen Li Sha was distracted. The sword almost grazed her arm but she managed to back away.

Chen Li Sha had no more time to be preoccupied. She lunged forward with her dagger. Only sounds of clamoring steel filled the open area.

She was not aware how many minutes passed as sweat trickled on her forehead. She was an expert in guns but her swordsplay did not fall short to anyone either. Yet here she was — stagnant in a battle for a person she never deemed worthy as her opponent before.

The realization solidified her conclusion that it was a mere illusion. However, how could an illusion be so strong?

Chen Li Sha deflected another blow. This time, she moved farther away as she tried to summon something that could help her but before she could do it, her jaw dropped on the floor.

A talisman was in between Shu Xin's fingers. Chen Li Sha was in a complete state of stupefaction. Her body seemed frozen as she watched how a magic circle appeared over Shy Xin's ahead. It grew bigger and brighter, facing in her direction, but her mind was too numb to process what she was seeing.

"Chen Li Sha!"

As the scream coincided with the activation of the magic circle, Chen Li Sha finally gathered her senses. She jumped but her ankle got caught from the lightning attack. She fell to the ground in an instant. Gathering the dirt on the floor, a protective shield appeared before her.