57| "Here I am looking at them through pictures"

Ace

I walked into her office. No one was there. I searched everywhere for her with Luciano, Tristian, and Luca.

I was about to walk past a hallway when I look down it and it's a mess.

I see what seems to be a gunshot hole in the wall, and that's when my heart begins racing.

I picked up my feet in pace and looked into the room in hopes I didn't find a dead body I hoped wouldn't be any one of theirs.

I get in but hault when the rooms concerningly clean compared to outside that made me confused.

I looked around the room, seeing if there's any cameras and I found one in the corner.

I quickly sent a message to Luca asking him to check for a security room with the cameras to the building.

I examined this room. Carefully.

As I do so, I see a picture frame.

There in the picture is Naomi, Amara with Aubrey, I think her name was.

They all were caught in the moment of laughter, and I found myself smiling at the two most important people in my life.

But as before, here I am looking at them through pictures and not physically.

My heart squeezed, remembering what we'd just gone through, and I hope nothings happening to them and their safety.

But there's a part of me that seems to be screaming at me. I don't know what for, but something isn't sitting right with me, and it's making my head insane not knowing what it is.

I hate to think the worst of what could be happening to them, but my minds telling me otherwise, and my heart is racing, feeling something wrong.

"Ace, you may wanna come see this." Luciano voice suddenly speaks.

I lift my head, seeing him standing at the door, and the look he had was all it took for me to place the frame back down and sprint star8ght after him.

I prayed it wasn't bad.

Fuck!

After climbing three flights of stairs, we enter a room with computers everywhere, showing all the views of the cameras' places around here.

Luca stands at a TV screen, arms folded, Tristian leaning against the wall beside him.

Their body language spoke fumes to me, and it angered my already scared heart.

"What did you find?" I demanded, going to stand next to Luca.

He quiet for a bit.

"Luca-" I demand, needing an answer, but he curs me off.

"It's bad, Ace.''

"You don't think I don't feel that it's bad? I can see it right thrugh you guys that something fucked up is happening, so don't waist my time and show me what you fucking saw."

I lost it.

I couldn't anymore.

"Okay.'' He said his eyes seeming nervous for... me?

He walks over to a computer and presses play and my fists immediatly begin to clench when I see the sight of Xavier and Naomi alone in the room I was just in.

I can see from the coner, behind the sofa, hid Amara looking so terrified, it physically hurt me.

Naomi doesn't seem to see him behind her and her back collides right into Xaviers chest.

Walks in Connor Slade and six other men in suits, who I suppose are his guards.

He begins to talk to her and her answers, sparks a bit of pride in me but it fades when she says we were done.

Every. Fucking word. That comes out his mouth, disgusts me and at the same time makes me blood boil.

I can feel I'm about to burst.

I continue watching, and I'm sure
my anger can be felt and visible to everyone, and I don't think it can be tamed.

I fucking explode when I watch as a guard harshly drags Amara away, screaming in agony.

Her voice that says, "Don't touch me" and "stop, your hurting me" cracks a whole so deep in me I don't know how I can fix it.

Here I though they'd let go of her but they don't. Naomi makes so many attempts to try get to her daughter but she's held back.

Everything around me is blury but the screen in front. I seem to see it clear as day.

My eyes gave no emotion, but i can feel every, single, negative emotion in man kind.

They start dragging and dragging them away from each other.

My heart explodes into what feels like jelly when she tries and  tries so hard to get to Amara, but Xavier doesn't even stumble in his steps as he holds her back.

And when I hear those scream coming out of their mouths...

Fuck!

When I heard my daughter asking her mother to help her and when I see her reaching to her mother like she had so much hope of her coming to reach for her, but she couldn't and I knew right then in that moment that Naomi feels like she's failed as a mother.

I just know that woman too well to know that she feels that way, and it hurts me that that's what she's thinking.

I wasn't mad. I wasn't angry, but what I most definitely was feeling seriously furious was that it was on another damn level...