Snuggles with the injured

[ REQUEST BY @Confetti_TheKat ! ]

Thank you for the request!

___________________________

Maple was snuggled up next to Owlet. They had been together for about six moons now, and trusted each other completely. Owlet was sleeping on her side, running in her sleep, dreaming about running after Maple in a fun chase. Maple got up and stretched. 'Hmmmm, it would be nice if I did some hunting instead of Owlet today!' Maple thought as she smiled. She climbed down the latter of the barn, and headed out of the barn.

After a few hours, she had a bountiful harvest of foods, but that didn't go well with others...

Three dogs pounced out, and circled her. She dropped her food immediately and got out her claws. She knew she won't be able to fight them all, but she sure as hell could try! One of them jumped at her and grabbed her leg in his big jaws, and she yowled. She scratched him hard, and he let go, snarling. Another bit down on her front left leg. She screamed, and scratched wherever she could get her claws.

Before anything else could happen, a rustling came out from the bushes. Owlet leapt out, hissing in rage, fury in her usually fun and joking eyes. She fought the dogs until they cowered away. She then looked at Maple, and her gaze softened. She crouched down, and put the injured Maple on her back, and trotted to the barn. "So... what was that about...?" Owlet ask, still scared for Maple's injuries. "I just wanted to catch some prey for you..."

Owlet smiled a bit as she trotted into the barn, and laid Maple on some soft hay. "Well, thank you for the kind gesture," she kissed her cheek gently. "I got some prey earlier, so here!" Owlet brought Maple a plump pigeon and nuzzled her neck gently. After they ate, Maple stood unsteadily. "I have another surprise for you!" Maple said, limping out. Owlet followed behind closely, and followed Maple out of the barn. They laid next to each other on their backs, looking up at silverpelt. They smiled as they nuzzled up next to each other, and fell asleep, loving each second of their company.