𝐨𝐧𝐞; 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡

chapter one; wasaga beach

━━━━━  Nicholas Olivar and his sister Noa had a special bond that went beyond the usual brother-sister relationship

━━━━━ Nicholas Olivar and his sister Noa had a special bond that went beyond the usual brother-sister relationship. They were a dynamic duo, so intertwined that separation seemed impossible. Whether in the bustling halls of school, the calm of their town, or the chaos of their home, their togetherness became a constant rhythm in the symphony of their lives.

When their long-awaited summer break arrived, Nick knew their two months of freedom would be a shared adventure filled with moments that only the closest of siblings could create together.

The sun cast a golden glow on the sandy shore as he and Noa lounged in their beach chairs. Nick was reading a book on his lap. Noa, on the other hand, soaked up the sun's rays to get the perfect tan. Kids were building sandcastles in the foreground, families were splashing in the water, and a beach volleyball game was playing nearby, filling the air with excitement.

Although it was a small town, the shoreline of Wasaga Beach was bustling with activity due to its popularity as a summer tourist destination.

Nick's eyes shifted from his book to the vibrant scene unfolding around them. Women in bikinis strolled gracefully, while shirtless men showed off their chiseled abs. Everyone seemed to be enjoying their summer, and despite the impending return to school in a week, Nick was enjoying the vacation as well.

He rested his head on the beach chair and thought about the end of his carefree summer. Just two more years and he'd be a graduate, ready to begin the next chapter of his life. A chapter that promised to separate him from the town and, more importantly, from his mother, Marjorie. It was a desire that pulsated within him more powerfully than anything else.

Noa, fixated on the waves, encouraged him to take a dip. "You should go swimming."

Nick ignored her and closed his eyes. "No, thank you."

"Come on," Noa urged. "You love swimming."

"Not nowadays." His mind returned to a recent near-drowning incident during spring break. The lifeguard had saved the person in time, but the experience had filled Nick with fear. The belief that the water was cursed kept him from entering it.