Chapter 2 - The Date

Kevin was waiting for his date on the bench, tapping his foot out of nervousness. He can't believe that cute guy bumped into him at random, and they both hit it off so casually. It.. it's almost like he brought out something inside of Kevin that he'd never experienced before.

He shakes his head to unfluster himself from that thought as Blaz walks near him.

"You made it!" The candyboy exclaimed with a smile.

"Of course! I mean.. it is our first date. " The blue haired boy chuckles a little bit.

"Yeah!" Kevin stops for a second to glance at him. "Wow.. you are pretty tall."

Blaz laughs a little. "Yeah. 5'8 but not really straight"

Kevin laughs along too. "Should we go in?"

"Certainly". The taller boy grabbed the shorter boys hand and they opened the door to the restaurant.

"Table for Two please"

"Of Course!" said the Waitress. "Right this way"

The two were led to a booth table, where it was nice and comfy and away from everyone else.

"So Blaz, how have you been?"
"Nothing much really, just been gaming with my friends and chilling with him"
"What kinda games?"
"Well, we play Apex Legends, Rock Band, and even Wii sports. Although, Hi-Fi Rush is superior"

Kevin chuckles at that comment "Sounds like a fun time. What inspired you to create your fursona?"

Blaz widens his eyes and lightly blushes. "Well, I saw this bomb guy once in a rhythm game, and it inspired me to make a whole character around him! However my drawings.. were not the best."

Blaz pauses for a second, trying to remember the story "My friends really made this into a reality. Streber handled building the costume, Lizzie and Aria helped with the sowing, Ethan added the little jacket and bomb fuse and everyone else. I..I really thank them for doing something special for me"

Kevin smiled at the story. He thought it was wonderful having people like that to help you out. He wishes that he had people like that. Or someone that can just come to his rescue to save him from boredom.

That's when.. Blaz snapped him out of his thoughts.
"So what do you do Kevin?"

The candy boy freezes. He has never been asked that question in his life. What does he do? What does he do? "Um..I..." Kevin decided to just say it.

"I.. haven't done much lately. It's always the same stupid job giving me anxiety.. it's like it pays well, but it doesn't FEEL great to do" Kevin looks away. Scared to see Blaz's expression.

"I-im sorry I'm not that special." Kevin admits with shame.

Blaz touches Kevin's cheek in a way that was really comforting for the candy boy. "Kevin, you are special. I haven't ever opened up to people a lot. But seeing you at first sight was like a dream to me." He smiled

"So let me ask you. What is it that YOU like to do Kevin?"

Kevin's sadness is brushed away and replace with comfort. He didn't expect this boy to be so caring to him.

"Well.. I, play the guitar a little bit."

"YO That's really cool! Could you show me sometime? " The other boy said.

Kevin blushes but smiles. "O-okay! Yeah. Definitely."

The two boys then end up getting their food and enjoying themselves a little more, now that Kevin feels more comfortable with Blaz. But this candybomb has more power than we think.