CHAPTER 1 : "an old music room"

Y/n gazed out of the window of the bus with headphones on her head. She couldn't help but admire the view with no trees, no cars, just a field full of wind turbines. Then, y/n turned her back and saw her classmates playing a game called 'mafia'. She quietly observed who's the mafia was.

As they discussed, y/n suddenly volunteered to help them. "I think it's Heoyool," she shyly said.

Heoyool kept denying that he was the one. In the end, they all picked Eunha as the mafia. She looked frustrated since everyone accused her. After the game ended, it turned out that Heoyool was the real mafia.

"Alright, alright. The innocent citizens have lost, and the Mafia has won!" Eunchan said as the host of the game.

"Yes!!" Heoyool shouted excitedly.

"Hey, I told you I was a citizen! You just wouldn't believe me," Eunha felt annoyed.

"By the way, y/n, you do talk, huh? And how did you know I was the mafia?" Heoyool asked.

"Your smile seems weird compared to the others, and the way you talk, it looks like you're lying," y/n spoke softly.

"I didn't know you were good at this game. You should play with us!" Yeonwoo, who sat behind y/n, said. Y/n cheeks began to turned red as she recieve compliment from her classmates.

_________

"They're so freaking loud," Kyungjun said. Seungbin heard it and told Jinha to shut them up. "Hey! Can't you see Kyungjun sleeping? You're so loud." The environment on the bus changed to complete silence. Kyungjun and his gang were some of the bullies that everyone was scared of.

Y/n took out her spare headphones and put them on Kyungjun's head, who was sitting opposite her. "Y-you can borrow mine if you want," y/n said, then went back to her seat.

Everyone was shocked by y/n's actions because no one would even dare to do that to Kyungjun. And it surprised them even more that Kyungjun didn't even bother her for doing that. The atmosphere begin to cheered again and the game of mafia continued.

—————————————

It was night. The bus arrived at the youth center, and the students started to get off. Y/n went to retrieve her luggage and noticed it was missing. She began to panic and worry because all of her belongings were in there. Someone called her name, and as she turned around, she saw Kyungjun with a smirk on his face.

"Here's your luggage. You look so dumb looking for this," he chuckled.

"I- it's not funny, Kyungjun. Stop playing around," y/n pulled her luggage towards her.

"Let me carry this for you," he said.

"No thank you, i can carry this by myself" y/n walk away as fast as she could.

"Geez, i was just returning the favor." he mumbled to himself and walked to his friends.

Y/n walked behind Yoonseo and Jungwon. As they walked, Yoonseo suddenly spoke. "Have we been here before? Why do I feel like I've been here?" Yoonseo asked.

"All the youth centers look the same," Jungwon replied.

Y/n saw the worried look on Yoonseo's face.

At the entrance, they welcomed with a QR code. "Scan the QR code to connect to Wi-Fi and to install the retreat center's facility app," it said.

Jungwon scanned the QR code along with Junhee. "Do you know what you want as a birthday present? Tell me today. I won't get you anything if you tell me past midnight," Junhee asked Yoonseo.