TWO

Penelope paced back and forward, her heels clicking against the tile floor in a way that drove Copeland mad.

"Woman! Take a deep breath!" Copeland finally shouted, throwing her hands up in the air in frustration. 

"Listen...Missy. This is a big deal for both of us, not just you."

"Mother, I'm just attending school! Simmer down, will you?" Copeland sighed, crossing her arms over her chest defiantly.

"Bloody hell! It's not just you making changes! I'm going back to work, do you know how dangerous that is for our family and-" Her lecture was cut off by a sudden gust of warm air, and a loud cracking noise. Copeland whipped her head to the side to catch sight of an ancient looking man with crescent shaped glasses and a white beard nearly as long as his baby blue robes.

"Penelope, how good to see you!" The man's deep voice rumbled, sound crackly as if it were coming from a malfunctioning, low-quality speaker. He approached Penelope with open arms, causing her sullen face to take on a giddy smile. She returned the embrace with vigor.

"I trust you've apparated well? No splinching?" She asked in a concerned tone, frantically bouncing around the man in an attempt to straighten out his robes. Penelope had the tendency to mother everyone.

"No, fortunately, I have made it here in one piece," The man spoke, he turned his head and met Copeland's curious hazel eyes.

"You must be young Copeland Grace, a pleasure to see you again," He greeted her warmly. Copeland's eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm sorry, have we met before, Mister..." She trailed off, racking her brain. Surely if she had met this man before she would remember.

"Dumbledore, Albus Dumbledore."

Copeland's eyes widened in surprise, this was the man who had sent her the letter from Hogwarts!

"It's an honor, sir," She told him politely, giving him a firm handshake. According to the acceptance letter, this man was a big deal. Correction, he was the biggest deal. He was the headmaster of Hogwarts school!

"I assume you will be attending Hogwarts on September the first?" He asked side-eyeing her mother. Copeland nodded eagerly, a grin taking up more than half of her face.

The week after she had received her letter, she had gone shopping for supplies at Diagon Alley after days of begging her mother.  After she had finally obliged, they had gorged on Treacle Tarts and Cauldron Cakes at local cafe's, amazing wizard-bred treats that Copeland had never tasted before. They stopped by Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour for even more sweets, unable to feel guilty when they were consuming the best ice cream in the wizarding world. Flourish and Bott's was full of so many fascinating books Copeland scoured aisles in awe, absolutely needing to purchase and read every single one of them. Instead, she begrudgingly had to settle for the books on her supply list instead.

Penelope was bombarded by wizards and witches who greeted her on the streets, old peers from Hogwarts, family friends, victims she had once saved. They hadn't seen her in years, and they were even more elated to meet her late husbands daughter. Teary-eyed and nostalgic, they pinched her cheeks and fawned over her father's likeness. Copeland noticed she had never seen her mother smile and laugh like she did surrounded by her fellow witches and wizards. She wondered why she had relegated herself to their small house in Surrey when her world had the potential to be filled with so many wonders.

Ollivander's was admittedly Copeland's favorite part, despite the two long hours it took to find a wand that would accept her ownership. English Oak, 12 3/4 inches, Slightly Springy, Dragon Heartstring, great for dueling, extremely powerful. At least, that is what Mr. Ollivander said, and a man as wise as he is someone to be trusted.