redamancy

(n.) the act of loving the one who loves you.

This is a double update. Read the next one too guys.

It had been a month since their first kiss in the parking area. The team was in India, preparing for the England matches ahead. Since the kiss, Ishan and Shubman hadn't been physically together but they tried to talk on call as much as they could.

Ishan was dying to do something romantic with Shubman. They hadn't talked about their feelings or their current situation and Ishan was desperate to change that.

He finally came up with a date plan. He decided he'd take the younger boy on a date and clear everything about themselves and maybe even ask him to be his boyfriend!

"Ishan, tu kabse usko ghoor rha hai. Sab theek?" Rahul asked Ishan who was continuously staring at Shubman.

"Haa-haan bhaiya," Ishan fumbled. Rahul gave him a knowing look.

"Theek hai toh le gloves, bhaiya ne tujhe kaha hai keeping ki practice karne ko, jaa," Rahul said handing over the gloves and going to start his batting.

"Aur Ishu," Virat said as he approached his junior, "usko ghurta hi rahega ya bolega bhi kuch?"

"Bhaiya aap toh mat chhedo!" Ishan whined. Virat laughed and ruffled his hair.

"Ab toh mai kuch karke rahunga bas!" Ishan said determined. "Aap bas RoBro ko bolo use aajke liye distracted rakhein."

"Theek hai bache, abhi jaa Rohit weird hand gestures kar rha hai, tereko hi bula rha hai."

Ishan smiled and went to his other senior.

X

Ishan was standing in the kitchen, feeling dejected.

He got his phone out and called Virat.

"Hello?" Virat's voice came through.

"I need your help, bring reinforcements, bhaiya please," Ishan whispered.

X

Virat reached the kitchen with Rahul and both laughed out loud.

"Hahahaha, Ishu ye kya kiya hai tune?"

"Bhaiyas nahi na, mazak nhi udao!" 

 The kitchen looked as if a food war had been fought there. Ishan was standing with his hands on his hips, face smeared with flour, and vegetable peels on the ground. Virat's laugh grew louder.

"Bhaiya!!" 

Rahul shook his head fondly and poked Virat's shoulder. Virat muffled his laugh and went inside. He picked a completely burnt chapati in his one hand and a ruined flour dough in his other. 

"Bhai mere, tu kar kya rha tha," he managed to ask while laughing still.

"Bhaiya, mere pyaare-pyaare bhaiya! Mera mazak udana band kariye aur help kariye! Mereko aaj hi Shubi ko surprise karna hai! Iss rate see toh agle janam mei bhi hi ho paayega!!!!" Ishan cried. 

Virat instantly sobered up.

"Ye date ke liye kar rha hai?" 

"Haan." Ishan replied sadly. "I wanted to do a cosy room dinner date with him. Apne haath se banake but....ab nhi lag rha ho paayega."

'Aah, young love,' Virat thought. He cleaned some flour off of his junior's cheeks.

"Ab hum idhar hun na, sab badhiya se prepare ho jaayega, tu tension mat liya kar chhote! Chal Rahuliya!" Rahul gave Virat a dirty look and ruffled Ishan's cheek simultaneously.