Chapter 3

The day of their departure she had arrived. Alexius didn't quite like trips across the ocean, she'd much rather ride horses there. "Princess, you've been called into a meeting by the King," Cyrus said in his most fancy voice. Alexius laughed, "You don't have to act like that!" He grinned at her and led her to her father's office on the ship. She told Cyrus to stay behind and walked in. Jaron was looking down at a map that was sprawled across his desk. He wrote coordinates for something and looked up to face her. "have you guessed the kingdom we are headed to yet?" Jaron asked. Alexius paused for a moment, "I doubt that it is any of our surrounding kingdoms. I would've known if it was." Jaron set down the quill he was holding and smiled. "Clever as you've always been," He praised. Alexius walked forward to his desk to get a close look at the map. "What is Oryxicalian?" Alexius asked. Jaron walked to stand by her and pointed at the name. "That is the kingdom we are headed to, it's far away from Carthya but has very good trades with us. They're known for their very sandy desert, but below them are tons of mines full of all sorts of metals that Cathya doesn't have. Their king is very kind, a great man, his son on the other hand isn't the best." Jaron explained. 

"Is there anything else you would want me to know?" Alexius asked. Jaron had picked up an apple and was about to eat it, but then he paused, "I'd like you to get to know the prince. His name is Hakkan, it would be vital for you to get along with him since you two will be the rulers next and will have to continue this trade." Alexius nodded, "Sounds simple enough." She bowed and headed out of her father's office, Cyrus followed close behind her. She made her way through the ship to her quarters. She waited as Cyrus opened the door for her. "Thanks," she said as she headed in. "I'll be right outside your door if you need anything, princess," Cyrus said. "Why not come inside and hang out with me, and you'll call me Alexius?" she said. Cyrus shook his head, "I really shouldn't, my job is to protect you. If someone saw me in there with you your father would not be very happy." Alexius rolled her eyes, stupid roles always got in the way of her having some fun for once in a while.

"Fine! You're excused now," Alexius scoffed, Cyrus bowed and closed the door. She grabbed her journal sat on her bed and wrote: I don't like how Cyrus has changed since he's become a guard. I know that it was the only way to let him stay in the palace, but it's changed him too much. He's always too busy with knight training and we never get to hang out anymore. I think that he's scared of doing something that will get him kicked out of the palace. He hardly ever likes to be alone with me anymore. It's like he's scared of doing something or being blamed if something happens to me. I don't know, I miss the old him, maybe on this trip he'll change?  Sometimes I wish that I could hold his hand or maybe even-

Alexius stopped writing, what was going on? Why did she feel so offended by his sudden change in ignoring her or wanting it to just be them two. Why did she want to be so affectionate to him? Alexius quickly closed her journal and put it away. "What am I thinking?" She muttered.