Chapter 6

Nightpaw caught up to Sunleaf. They went to the flat rocks and toured the rest of the territory. First they went to the high stump by IvyClan, then made their way along the border. The made there way to the flat stones and took a break.

"Are you ready?" Sunleaf asked, anxiously.

"For what?" Nightpaw replied, feeling confused.

"Hunting of course," Sunleaf mewed.

Nightpaw filled with excitement and was anxious to hunt for the clan. She padded after Sunleaf.

"Follow me," Sunleaf ordered. "We're going to hunt in the tall trees. There will be mice and squirrels there."

The got into the tall trees and were very quiet. Sunleaf spotted a mouse coming out of its burrow. She crouched, her stomachs almost touching the ground. She crept forward very quietly. She got in within a tail length of the mouse and pounced. The mouse, caught by surprise, tried to run away but Sunleaf had already bit down on it until it stopped moving. Sunleaf looked up.

"Now you try," She encouraged.

Nightpaw lifted her chin and sniffed the air. Familiar smells surrounded her yet she scented squirrel and looked over. A squirrel was eating and acorn a fox-length away. She dropped into a hunters crouch and crept forward, still being aware of her surroundings. She was now a cat-length from the squirrel. It looked up and she paused; not moving or making a sound. The squirrel looked back down and started to eat again. She crept closer and once she was a tail-length away she pounced. The squirrel slipped from under her paws and ran. She chased it. Catching up to it was no problem. She gained speed and pounced again. This time the squirrel land perfectly in her claws. She picked it up in her jaws and took it back to Sunleaf.

"Wow," Sunleaf said, shockingly. "Your first catch. I was sure you were going to chase it up a tree to bring that as your first catch." She teased.

Nightpaw let out a meow of laughter.

"Let's get back now," Sunleaf ordered. "You promised you would change the elders bedding."

Nightpaw nodded and padded after Sunleaf.