𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"𝐻𝑒𝑦, 𝐷𝑒𝑙

"𝐻𝑒𝑦, 𝐷𝑒𝑙."

It was as if the air had been sucked out of her lungs, the blood had been drained from her body and she had been dumped into the coldest parts of hell. Delaney MorningStar felt cold like a dead body in the freezer of a morgue.

She was so frozen in fear she couldn't move, all she could do was sit there and stare at the white stick that had two bright pink lines. The lines haunting her as they stared at her daring her to move, but she didn't.

She sat there for what felt like hours but was only ten minutes. Her staring contest with the stick ended when she heard a knock on the bathroom door. Delaney immediately snapped her head up in panic.

"Who is it?" She questioned quickly shoving the cap on the pregnancy test and putting it back in the box. 

"It's Evelyn, are you okay? You've been in there for twenty minutes." Evelyn said as she put her ear to the door to see if she could hear anything wrong.

"I'm alright, I'm coming out right now." I put the box in my jacket pocket.

Opening the door I come face to face with a worried-looking Evelyn. She looked me up and down inspecting me to make sure that I was okay.

"Like I said I'm okay don't worry about it." I give her a playful smile.

"You sure, your hands look like they're shaking?" Evelyn nods her head towards my hands.

"Yeah, I just ran out of my anxiety medicine. I'm going to go refill it right now and run some errands bye!" I say quickly kissing her on the cheek and speed walking past her downstairs.

Grabbing my phone, purse, and keys I run out of the house and get into my black BMW m4.

Meanwhile, back in the house, Evelyn was pulling out a full bottle of anxiety medicine from the bathroom cabinet, her feelings were slightly hurt that her best friend would lie to her face with what looked like little to no hesitation.

Scanning the isles of the almost empty grocery store I anxiously tapped my nails on my thigh hoping to find what I had been searching for. Once my eyes landed on the familiar box I took a deep breath and snatched it off the shelf. After the awkward interaction with the cashier, I headed straight to my car.

Leaving the parking lot I turned on the radio to fill the depressing silence that had once taken over. I needed noise, I needed some other form of sound other than my racing thoughts and my pounding heartbeat, the thoughts that seemed to never end no matter how much I always distracted myself.

Pulling into the driveway of the beautiful brown manor, I put my car in park but couldn't bring myself to get out. I was terrified. This was one of the very few moments in my seventeen years of living where I was terrified and true fear was unusual for me.

After trying to build some form of confidence I finally got out of the car not forgetting to put the box in my purse. I walked very slowly trying to calm myself down with each step I took. Finally reaching the big brown door I hesitantly raised my hand. After a few deep breaths, I knocked loudly three times. While I waited for the door to open I turned to look at the sunset admiring the bright colors swirling into one making the sky look overall beautiful.

Hearing the door creak open I quickly snap my head to see who answered the door. My breath hitched once I realized who it was.

"Hi." I breathed out.

"Hey, Del." He responded.

𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒-
Damn yall it's been a hot minute sorry for the long awaited update I've been busy and my computer stopped working. But it's fixed now. I realized I never made a proper prologue for this story so here it is, I hope yall enjoy!

𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭

𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒃𝒙𝒃𝒚

𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒃𝒙𝒃𝒚

𝒗𝒐𝒕𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒆