22. The Unknowns Of the New World

Min's pov

As we stood together in complete terror, I noticed that the puppy was happy to see his mother but something was different about the dynamic between the two. The mother growled deeply, her whole chest rumbling as she looked down at us. She stood to be about seven feet taller than us, "Taehyung..." Namjoon said, "Yeah?" He asked, none of us made a move worried that she might charge at us if we did. Jimin held me a little tighter as I held his shirt tighter, my eyes shifted away from the mother to Jungkook who was tense and seemed like he was ready to put a shield if she were to attack. "I think you should put the puppy down now," He said, "Yeah, me too." Hoseok agreed. "But what if she makes a move after he puts the puppy down?" Jimin quipped, "That's a good question." I looked to Namjoon, Taehyung tried to break the tense atmosphere and said, "Well, this is not exactly how I imagined the family reunion would be, but at least we haven't hurt the puppy, right?" Jin said, I tried not to giggle at his comment.

"Yeah, maybe she just needs a good belly rub, and all this growling will turn into purring." Hoseok retorted. However, as the mother's growls became even deeper, the attempted humor fell flat, and we all collectively held our breath. Yoongi, ever the realist, muttered, "Well, I guess it's too late to run away screaming now, huh?"

"Yeah..."

"Jungkook,"

"I'm ready if she attacks. Don't worry."

I looked up at the mother as the puppy started barking at her, Taehyung visibly becoming tense. The mother snarled, showing her teeth and we panicked even more. "Okay.. I'm putting the puppy down now," Taehyung bent down slowly, placing the puppy on the ground. The puppy immediately ran over to its mother, snuggling against as she kept her eyes on us. For a moment, it seemed like she wasn't going to do anything but I had a feeling that she wasn't going to let us go that easy. Before anyone could say anything, she let out a defeaning howl and immediately blew fire at us. Jungkook acted quickly and raised a barrier between us, keeping all of us from being hit.

"Now, we can run?"

"Yeah, now we can run." With that we took off running, Jungkook maintaining a barrier around us as the mother kept breathing fire in our direction. I closed my eyes and buried my face into Jimin's shirt as he and the others kept running, until we were no longer in sight of that large wolf like creature. Everyone panted as went several blocks away from where that creature was and the area looked very different. It was covered in grass and green foliage, flowers were growing on different buildings. We stopped just underneath the brush of a large tree which was sheltering us from the sun, Jimin carefully sat me down on a nearby boulder and slid down it, he sat down with a thump as Hoseok reached into the bag and grabbed water bottles and passed them around to everyone. I gave him a thanks and took small sips, most of us are still trying to calm our hearts down from that chase. "Well, I guess we can add 'fire-breathing puppy encounters' to our list of unexpected adventures." Jin said, making me shake my head and chuckle.

"What were you thinking? Who tries to pet a mysterious creature without knowing its abilities?" Namjoon exclaimed, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I mean, it did look like a normal puppy," Taehyung defended himself, a sheepish grin on his face. I giggled at his comment, his smile is so cute. "Who could have guessed it could breathe fire?"

Yoongi let out a chuckle, "Well, lesson learned. Next time we see a cute animal in the wild, we'll just admire it from a safe distance."

"Yeah, from, like, a mile away," Jin added with a smirk, earning laughter from the group. The tension from earlier melted away with the banter between everyone as we all had a good laugh. When the laughter died down, we just took moment to look around the area we were in. To me, the area looked as if time had stood still. Some of the buildings were actually still looking brand new, others looked run down and decrepit. It was so odd that this area looked so different from the rest of the way, silence passed over the group as we took in the peacefulness and the sadness.

"... I think it's crazy just how the world easily went through such drastic changes in two years." Jimin sighed.

"There is no way that all of the city could be this destroyed in just two years." I said, shaking my head.

"Well something caused it. Something that is the reason why we were put to sleep. We'll figure it out. For now, we just need to take it easy." Yoongi said, "Yeah, I agree." Jin nodded, taking a sip from his water bottle. I looked over at Namjoon and Jungkook, both of whom had gone quiet and noticed that they were looking at the map.

"Taehyung,"

"Hmm?"

"Why did you pick up that puppy? I'm still confused as to why you picked up a puppy that we had no clue of what it was capable of?" Yoongi asked, "Yeah, me too. You could have left it alone. Even Jimin and Min were wary of it." Hoseok looked at Taehyung, who looked over his shoulder. "I don't know.. Honestly, it felt like I was drawn to the puppy. It was like when he locked eyes with me, he knew that I wasn't going to hurt him. He trusted me despite not knowing me." Taehyung explained. "Maybe Taehyung has the power to understand animals?" I suggested, "... That's actually not a bad guess." Jin held his chin, thinking about it. "It is a possibility. Jungkook is probably not the only one with powers. We might all have them, especially since we were all hospitalized. We could have been put into comas because of our powers." Jimin concluded, "You have a point."

I moved slightly and winced in pain as i felt a sharp pain run through my leg, "Let me check your ankle." Jin took my shoe off and unwrapped my ankle which seemed a little more bruised, "Does this hurt?" I hissed in pain when Jin pressed his thumb on my ankle, "The pain meds are wearing off. Here," Hoseok dug around in the bag and pulled out some painkillers, handing them to me. I took them from his hand and downed them with the water while Jin rewrapped my ankle, Jimin on the other hand, changed my bandage on my wound caused by that giant spider and put fresh ointment on it and wrapped it back up. "That better?" Hoseok asked, noticing that I wasn't feeling the pain. "Yeah," I yawned, nodding my head.

"Guys, we're not too far from the house we found. Come on," Nanjoon called.

"Come on," Jimin went to carry me but Yoongi beat him to the punch and this time managed to talk Jimin into letting him carry me. Jimin didn't seem very happy about it but he didn't argue and instead helped me get on Yoongi's back, once everyone had everything, we started walking. Jungkook spray painted the tree, marking it as a safe spot since we had been completely fine resting here.

"Let's hope we don't run into anymore abnormal creatures along the way..." Jin said.

Hey guys, what did you about the group's encounter with the large wolf like creature? Would you have picked up the puppy like Taehyung did or did something completely different? I wanted to add a little comedic relief to a tense situation and afterwards bring a little more comedy to show how the group gets along after a stressful situation. What do you think about the possibility of Taehyung having the power to understand animals? Would you want another power for him or not? Leave your comments, questions and theories in the comments section!

 What do you think about the possibility of Taehyung having the power to understand animals? Would you want another power for him or not? Leave your comments, questions and theories in the comments section!

P.S. I really miss our boys! But we don't have too long until Jin comes back!! So let's keep hanging in there until he comes back to us safely!