Chapter 11

As the storm of my mother's unexpected entrance subsided, she revealed that Coriolanus awaited me downstairs. A potent blend of excitement and nerves surged within me, for he had taken extra effort to mend things between us. Deciding to seize the opportunity, I closed the door gently behind me and embarked on the journey down the staircase. Each step intensified the flutter in my chest. As I descended, there he sat, his gaze fixated on me with an intensity that felt like a magnetic force drawing me in. It seemed as if his eyes had woven a spell around me, making it impossible to tear myself away.

The moment was shortly broken by my mother's voice, interrupting our silent exchange. "I'll leave you two alone," she declared, giving us the gift of privacy.

"Wait, Mom," I implored, turning to her and then back to Coryo. "Perhaps we could go outside, now that the snow has stopped," I suggested, earning a thoughtful nod from my understanding mother.

Coryo met my eyes and reciprocated with a nod of agreement as he rose from his seat, reaching for his coat. I also retrieved mine, feeling a rush of anticipation as we prepared to venture into the wintry evening. The sky was gradually darkening, signaling the approaching night, and the cityscape lay beneath a pristine blanket of snow.

As we stepped into the crisp air, a hush settled over the world around us, enhancing the magic of the moment. Walking in unison, our breaths visible in the chilly air, our hands naturally brushed against each other. It was as if our fingers inhabited a realm of their own, a place where they longed to hold on and never let go. Each step we took felt like a dance, the snow beneath our feet creating a delicate melody, and the city lights casting a warm glow on our shared path. The enchantment of the winter night seemed to mirror the burgeoning connection between us.

In an unexpected moment, Coryo gently grasped my hand, sending a warm shiver down my spine. The hushed stillness enveloped us as he began to speak, his apology breaking through the stillness. Our steps halted simultaneously, and his gaze met mine, causing me to pause in tandem. His words flowed with sincerity. "I'm sorry," he confessed, his grip on my hand tightening ever so slightly. "I let that stupid rumor get under my skin without even checking with you first, and I-"

Interrupting him with a reassuring smile, I interjected, "It's okay." My voice carried a soft understanding, coaxing him to open up further. "I'm just curious why it bothered you so much," I confessed, leaving room for him to share the reasons concealed within his heart.

He resumed his stroll, and I naturally fell into step beside him. The air was thick with unspoken sentiments, and as he hesitated, I sensed his internal struggle to articulate what lay on his heart. His gaze returned to mine, and I felt the weight of his eyes lingering on my lips, a familiar sensation of déjà vu enveloping us. I remember a similar moment back then, when we were strolling through the streets, stopped, and found ourselves trapped in a stare, his eyes fixed on my lips.

Our steps came to a standstill once more, and our proximity seemed to shrink. "I can't deny it any longer," he confessed, the admission escaping his lips. There was a pause, a heartbeat of shared vulnerability beneath the winter night sky. His eyes met mine once again, and he bared his soul. "Because I like you," he blurted out. The words hung in the crisp air, a declaration of emotion that painted the night with shades of longing. "God, you're driving me crazy," he admitted, his confession unraveling like delicate threads in the quiet of the winter night.

His approach was deliberate, each step drawing him nearer until our breaths mingled in the crisp night air. This time, I didn't interrupt, captivated by the magnetic pull between us. As he closed the gap, a hushed anticipation enveloped us, and then it happened—our lips collided, a dance of tenderness amidst the gently cascading snowflakes.

In that magical moment, my heart fluttered as if it had sprouted wings. His touch, so tender and reassuring, enveloped my face in a gentle embrace, shielding me from the biting cold of the winter night. The world outside our little haven blurred into insignificance, and all that remained was the enchanting duet of our beating hearts.

It struck me like a sudden revelation—I had been foolish to resist the magnetic force drawing us together. The love that had simmered between us, akin to a hushed melody, now erupted into a passionate symphony, casting a warm glow over the recesses of my very being. A smile graced my lips, a silent confession of the undeniable truth that had blossomed beneath the snowy canopy of the night.

"If only you had told me before," I whispered, and he responded with a gentle nod, his heart swelling with understanding. "I like you too, Coryo."

In that quiet winter night, as our confessions hung in the frosty air, a profound sense of fulfillment enveloped us. The world blanketed in the soft embrace of snow, bore witness to the blossoming of a love that had weathered the storms of hesitation. As we stood there, hearts entwined, I realized that sometimes, the most beautiful stories are written in the simplest of words. And so, beneath the sky, amid the hushed murmurs of the night, we embraced the beginning of our shared journey, leaving footprints on the snow-covered path that stretched ahead—a path adorned with the promise of a love that had finally found its voice.

A/N: And there you have it! I hope you guys will love this soft side of Coriolanus Snow and, of course, this story.