...Chapter Two...

I awoke this morning and already began regretting my nightly decisions. I can't believe I actually told that lunatic where Lucy Gray is. I continued to sit in bed, now dreading the future consequences. My body becomes seemingly heavier as I sink into the previously torn mattress. Lucy Gray surely wouldn't be upset, would she? I think of countless scenarios and my guilt drowns me. Will Lucy Gray be mad? Happy? Sad? More importantly is she ok? She seemed to have some history with the Peace Keeper, but I can't imagine it being anything good. Peace Keepers around here are generally people you want to avoid at District 12. I'm sure it's the same in other districts, but I wouldn't know since I've never seen them. We only ever get an idea of other Districts through their tributes. I imagine that it's not very accurate to assume districts are similar to their tributes every year. Mainly because Lucy Gray is the least District 12 like person I know. Eventually I decide that I can't let guilt eat me away until I'm nothing. Standing up I walk over to my mirror repeating my usual routine to appear as presentable as I can get. I throw on my casual attire while tossing my pajamas on my bed, too rushed and lazy to find a better spot. As I walk down the streets of 12 I feel stiff and anxious, obviously reeking of fear. I follow the path to Lucy Grays usual spot in a bit of a hurry. God I hope looney bin hasn't gotten to her first! Now rushing faster u begin to loose my breath. Upon arriving I find no one, shit! I venture a little further in hopes of finding her before giving up indefinitely. I now speed walk back to my district searching for help to find the elusive Lucy Gray. Racing down the streets I come to a screeching stop after seeing the female in question going about her day normally. "Thank god you are safe!" She stares at me quizzically, "Why wouldn't I be?" Now feeling suspicious I take a minute before answering. Was this a trick? "I thought that psycho Peace Keeper was after you?" She thought a minute before remembering the specimen I was mentioning, then laughed at my panic. "I did meet him if that's what you mean. He helped me while inside the games, probably the only reason I am here today!" Shock fills me and my eyes widen more than I would like to admit. "Sorry, I just assumed the worst when he was looking for you-" Lucy Gray then cut me off, "So you told him where I was!" I feel my face turn red with embarrassment. I mean she should be thanking me, right? I reunited her with her life savior! Still I apologize, "I was so tired that I didn't think much of it! Still that doesn't excuse my idiocy, I'm sorry." Lucy Gray's once serious look crumbles and becomes a smile. "I'm kidding! I'm glad you are sorry though. If it was any other guy I might have been in danger. Regardless, I still thank you for bringing us back together." She smiles a brighter smile now before continuing, "I invited him to come with us to the lake so he can meet everyone! Hopefully he'll make a better impression this time around." I laughed at this thought since I never thought I could enjoy his presence. Of course it doesn't matter if I do or not, if Lucy Gray likes him I ought to pretend to like him too.