Ice Cream🍦 Veneer

Another day in good ol' Mount Rageous.
It had been at least a few months since you had moved here to make your small dream of being a signing sensation come true!

Ever since you had arrived, you had heard the music of the overnight celebrities Velvet and Veneer, and you loved it so much, you aspired to one day be like them, and you, my friend, were a die hard fan. (Just like every other fangirl u thought that Veneer kinda 🤭)

So for the 7th time, you headed out to that small street corner that was 50 feet away from the entrance to the Boom Box. As you approached the street corner, rolling a speaker behind you with a mic in your hand, you plopped your place right where you always did, and you warmed up a few couple of times before finally beginning.

After about 35 minutes of you singing, moving, grooving, and just having a fun time, and decent crowd had surrounded you and was enjoying your performances as much as you did. You decided to then sing (idk ur favorite powerful song) and tips were coming in hot, left and right, but soon most of that crowd left and swarmed around the boombox in the middle of your performance.

"What is going on?"

You thought to yourself, but you just kept on singing anyways, not knowing that in that crowd were your two idols, one of which you seemed to have the attention of.

Time skip sponsored by Spranberry Crite

Phew!! Tiring day, but hey, you got some tips girl! After such an amazing performance, you decide to stop by your local soft serve shop to grab (sherbet/ fro-yo/ ice cream)! You giddily pranced your way to the store, and when you went inside, you fixed yourself a delicious cup of (fav flavor with fav toppings). Oh yeah, that's the good stuff.

However, as you were about to walk out the door to enjoy at the outdoor tables, the door opened and your frozen treat was squished between you and the person, just like a human ice cream sandwich.

(Mourn your food in the chat 😭🫶🏻)

You froze in place, with a heartbroken look on your face, YOUR DESSERT THAT YOH WORKED SO HARD FOR!!! 😭

It was only about 3 seconds after the incident happened that the mystery stranger, who wore a grey hoodie, black sunglasses, and black sweatpants, spoke.

"Oh! Oh my fraz, you need to-"

He then paused, just simply glancing at you for a few seconds before saying something again.

"Oh! I'm sorry! Um, totally off-topic and random question here, but were you singing on that block by the boombox earlier today?"

You looked up at the now identified stranger with wide eyes, while many others may not be able to identify him by just his talking, you knew that voice from anywhere. Veneer. He was your celebrity crush and one of your idols, but decided to not tell him you knew his identity just yet.

"O-oh, yeah I was! And sorry by the way."

He looked down and flashed you a small smile, and said,

"Oh okay! Totally cool, I just want to say that you sound divine!! I was just flabbergasted by your voice!"

Oh.
My.
Fraz.

THE ONE AND ONLY VENEER, CALLED YOUR VOICE DIVINE. It's okay, don't freak out... ✨I'M FREAKING OUT!!✨

You attempted to calm down your breathing, but it was easy to see you were excited, and you could swear there was a tiny blush on his face, but you figured it was makeup.

"Thank you so much! It means a lot!"

You then looked down to realize you never actually separated from y'all's human ice cream sandwich, which in turn left a faint pink on your face as your separated you from him, now with a freezing cold and sticky shirt.

(my sensory issues are 📈📈📈📈 thinking of it.)

You looked down at your shirt again in sadness and frustration. You had only brought enough money for one treat, not thinking something like this would happen. AND YOUR HOUSE WAS 30 MINUTES AWAY. We are not doing that again today, no ma'am.

Again you said to the celebrity in disguise,

"I'm really sorry."

"No- don't be, I should have watched where I was going... y'know what, here you can go fix another one, and it'll be on me. Kay?"

Your face lit back up and you immediately said with no hesitation,

Deal.

And you raced off to make another replica of your favorite treat faster than you can say "watch me work".

In under 50 seconds, you came back with another frozen delicacy in your hands, even better than before, and he went off to fix his treat too before paying. After it was paid for, you immediately snatched the ice cream and sat down so your previous predicament wouldn't happen again. When the masked celeb sat down, you decided you would tell him you know his identity. So you leaned over and whispered to him,

"Hey, not to pressure you, but I know you're Veneer!"

He froze in place, mid bite. (embodiment of 😳) He looked over at you and when he saw you weren't freaking out or telling everyone else, his look softened again and he put the spoon in his mouth.

You then took a bite of your treat... oh my gosh it had never tasted better before. Hm, wonder why. After being done in about 8 minutes, Veneer was about 3/4 done. So, you decided to start up a tiny chat.

"So, I guess you came here for a sweet treat after performing too?"

He looked up and nodded.

"Yeah, this is my favorite place to go."

"Mine too!"

You both smiled. Veneer was looking at your smiling face for about 2 seconds before saying to himself,

"Gosh... how can someone get better looking when they smile?"

"What was that?"

He froze up. Uh oh. Rookie move, unconsciously saying your thoughts aloud.

You look at him with a smiling expression still, mostly smiling at how stupidly cute the compliment was. You then decided to make a move, just to relieve the tension in the air.

...

"Y'know if you're free Wednesday, would you wanna go to the arcade with me?"

He looked up at you with wide but happy eyes. The only thing that registered in his mind was,

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Oh okay, y'know what, you're right it was stupid of me to ask tha-"

"Babababubup! I never meant it that way!"

...

"I actually am free Wednesday..."

"So does that mean it's a date?"

"A what?"

"A date."

...

"Sure."

...

"So are we a thing now?"

...

"Why not?"

You both smiled again, now both with a light red blush dusted across y'all's faces as you both chatted the rest of afternoon away before having to part ways. You had now planned an arcade date on Wednesday, and a sleepover on Friday...

"As you walked back home a message popped up in your phone,"

From: Veneer

"Hey! I just remembered I forgot to tell you, the arcade has karaoke on Wednesday nights!! Keep singing songbird, and maybe you can have some extra practice for it!!"

...

I've got a feeling the sweet treats are always going to taste sweeter with him around.

OKAYYYY!!!! How did y'all like it? Let me know, and if you have a request then feel free to request on the intro page to see the rules and guidelines too! Stay blessed and eat cookieesss!!! 🍪 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪 (take some :3)