Chapter 1

They knew something was wrong, because they woke up.

They didn't expect to wake up.

Not after what happened.

-

It was strange, this awakening. Everything was too big, too loud, too bright. It was overwhelming.

So they cried. A lot.

No one really did anything about it. Not the long necked people that would always be watching, nor the other tiny bodies next to them. They didn't exactly blame the others, since they were also crying.

They were an infant.

-

Over a time that was far too long yet far too quick, they could walk. They could interact with the others like them, and the other identical children would do the same.

They went to classes, learned new and exciting things, about the Republic, the Jedi, ways to do war, battle strategies, and the like. It was a routine that they could latch onto, no matter how mentally taxing it was.

Soon enough, it became physically taxing too.

-

CT-5483 was different. They knew things that the others didn't. That they couldn't, being isolated on these forsaken water planet. They knew simple things, like how to braid, tie knots, whistle, stretch well, all without instruction.

But they also knew dangerous things.

They knew what trees looked like, the sound of birds, the feeling of grass between bare toes. They could draw creatures that didn't exist, remember stories that no one had heard of, yet know that they weren't their own.

They knew things, because this wasn't their first time living a life.

-

Their first life ended pretty early, all things considered. 19, freshly attending their second year of arts college, ready to take over the concept art industry one line at a time.

They loved music, beating random patterns on their thighs, imitating their long years as a percussionist. Whistling tunes to brighten their day.

A loving family, a mom, dad, two brothers, and three dogs. Friends that would always be happily to see them, laughing at all their jokes.

That all changed in a moment, honking, screeching, swerving away from the runaway semi truck, crushing metal skewering their side, screaming, holy fuck I'm going to die here-

-

A clone.

They were a clone.

One expendable life of millions, bred to fight for a Republic that wouldn't care for them.

Bred to die.

Weird, to think that they would die earlier than their last life, after all, they were only six right now, but was around twelve physically.

Their brothers- because that's what they were, boys, family, called each other he and him and his, which was far better than she- grew alongside them, so it didn't seem strange, it was normal, but it wasn't, why did they know that-

Their- his? His sounded right. Brought less attention- batchmates were close, as they all were.

The brothers were family, but batchmates, they were like an extension of yourself, they knew every tick and quirk that you had, no matter if you tried to hide it.

Th- he, he loved his batchmates with all his heart, but right now, right now he was about to lose one.

Millions of a Faceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें