Off Script

Another day of filming had come to an end and Millie used the rare free time for a much needed shower. The day had been extremely exhausting and her body was aching from the multiple stunts she had performed over and over again, from the early morning when the sun was just about to rise until the heat of the late afternoon was slowly fading into the agreeable evening breeze.

The stream of cold water was soothing her sore muscles and washed away the dirt of the day, that came with performing the challenging action scenes. It also helped to clear her mind, which had focused full force on delivering the best outcome. So, she finally had the peace of mind to think about the rest of her day. Though she felt exhausted, she wasn't ready to retire to bed, yet. Maybe she should eat something, although she didn't feel hungry at all... Or maybe she should go for a walk? No, that didn't sound appealing to her either.

Her thoughts went back and forth until it stopped at a certain image, and the longer she thought about it, the more the idea settled in her mind. She quickly finished the shower, threw on a flowery summer dress, and put her hair up in a messy bun, before she stepped out of the trailer.

Millie navigated through the set with ease, as she knew every corner of it by now, and quickly reached the trailer she had been looking for. With excitement building up inside of her, she hastily knocked on the door. She heard some shuffling coming from the inside of the wagon, before the door opened and she was met by the sight of Finn, who looked at her with astonishment written all over his face.

"Millie?", he asked, as if he couldn't believe to see her. "What are you doing here?"

"Hi.", she replied somewhat nervously, studying his delightful appearance. "Can I come in?"

"Huh? Uhm yeah... Yeah, sure you can. Come on in!"

She smiled up at him and moved past him into the trailer. It was a copy of her own one, but as everyone, Finn had added his own touch to it with a guitar lying on the unmade bed and vinyls piled up on the cupboard. There were also books and comics spread around, and a laptop lied open on the couch, next to a pile of hoodies; it was slightly messy in here, but she anyhow got a feeling of being home.

Finn hastily put the laptop aside and threw the clothes into the nearest corner, then he signalled her to take a seat on the newly free space of the couch. Millie followed his invitation and sat down on the comfy piece of furniture.

"Do you like something to drink?", he offered, but Millie shook her head, and so he sat down next to her, a questioning look on his face.

"You wonder what I'm doing here, right?"

"Yes, kinda...", Finn replied wistfully.

She knew what played on his mind. She hadn't been over to hang out with him in ages. Of course they had regularly interacted with each other on set, whenever they performed scenes together, or they often hang around in the evening with the other cast members, but it had been a long time since the two of them had been alone. Truthfully, she couldn't even recall when the last time had been; likely before her ex-fiancé had entered her life, and though she had called off the engagement a while ago, something within herself had stopped her to interact with her... friend?

"I missed you.", was the answer, she blurted out, before she could stop herself. Finn's head shot up, upon hearing her words. He had stared at the hands in his lap, but now his full attention was on her, searching for further answers, so Millie tried to explain, "You know... how it used to be."

"How it used to be?"

"Yes, the way we were so... so easy going.", she said, though she wasn't sure if she was able to bring her point across. "Just you and me."