...

Leaves blow along the wind, following a path yet undetermined. Traveling with the air comes the sands of time, everlasting and ever prolonged, seemingly with no end in sight.

As humans, we find it useless to focus on that "end", however far it may be. "Eternity is so far away", we think. And yet when we arrive on that doorstep, only then do we realize it was breathing down our necks the entire time.

The rose petals flutter away from the stem, and find their way to the water. They float, slowly drifting along the steady motions of a pond. Meanwhile, people graduate from their middle schools, their high schools and their colleges, gaining higher status in the world and continuing their lives.

As humans, we find it necessary to continue down the paths that our parents set for us, until defiance reaches our minds. While not every child thinks of defying our parents, we all inevitably branch away from their path.

A flock of avians soar overhead, migrating to the Northward as Spring arrives. Minnows travel along the streams close together, sure to not lose anyone along the way. Wolves traverse the forests in packs, ensuring their strength in numbers.

As humans, we flock towards society. We keep up to date with the norms, lest we fall behind and cling to our past. However simple it may seem, that is just what we do: cling. We cling to the good ol' days as if our lives depend on it. The harsh reality is that, no matter how passionate our desire, those days will never return, and time waits for no one.

The future is already here. The future isn't the one you want. The future isn't holding your hand. Your past is holding you back. The future is offering a way to break free from those bindings. If you have your own path, put in your own effort, and realize your goal in life, you'll find the past has no weight on you.

Hold your head up, dear reader. The future is now. Only you have the power to change your path, alter your ways and better yourself. It's true that we can't always do the things that we want to, but we can always work towards the people that we want to become.

The sands of time flow on, everlasting. Eternity is a concept, a concept we should accept. In the everlasting grace of the universe, you will find solace in your lowest times, knowing that He has given you the gift of life, the gift of having a chance to make the most of your ever limited time on Earth.

Be wise, dearest reader. While it may be hard to make that choice, always remember that "later" is just an excuse.