💙 Year 3. Talons and tealeaves

This first part was fun, I got to research tea leaves

Also, I kinda have a thing for the twins, Cedric, theo and Neville. So don't be surprised if throughout this book there's like cute interactions or something with them.

N/N= nickname (obviously)

It was the first day back and things were already interesting.
So dementors we're guarding hogwarts incase Sirius black had decided to show up to kill Harry, but on a more happier note, Hagrid was now the new care of magical creatures teacher, And lupin was in fact their new defence against dark arts teacher.

After breakfast and a small conversation about dementors, Draco teasing Harry  and quidditch, The four headed to their first class of the day. Divination.

"Now I want you all to divide into pairs, collect a teacup from the shelf, come to me and I will fill it..." professor trelawney began to explain what they'd be doing in class today, so they did as told. As always, Ron and Harry paired up as did Y/N and Hermione together.

Y/N was happy cause they got to drink tea. But she noticed Hermione was, irritable. "Whats wrong?" She asked as she gulped down her tea, ready to swill the dregs, drain the cups and swab them.

"You don't really believe in this stuff, do you?"

"Well... she was right about Neville breaking the teacup." Y/N answered honestly.

"Yeah but everyone knows Neville is clumsy!" Hermione snapped. Y/Ns eyes widened.

"Okay... Let's just get this over with." Y/N brushed it off, not wanting to upset Hermione further. "What do you see in my cup?"

"An axe." Hermione answered, she looked over into their unfogging the future text book. "It means difficulties."

"Oh." Y/Ns face cringed. "Oh No I don't like that, let me swirl them around I want a new one." Y/N grabbed her teacup from Hermione and swirled it, Hermione rolled her eyes before Y/N shoved it back in her hand.

Hermione sighed but peered over into her cup. "It looks a bit like a ring."

"Ohhh!" Y/N said dramatically. "What does that mean?"

Lavender gasped from a table near them and stated right at Y/N with her mouth agape. Both Hermione and Y/N turned to her. "What?" Y/N said blankly.

"ring means Love!" Lavender shrieked excitedly, her and Parvati were giggling. "Y/Ns gonna find Love!" Unfortunately for her, Ron and Harry overheard and looked over, grinning to each-other before looking over.

Lavender and Parvati had quickly ditched their table to go over to Y/N and Hermione's.
"I'm so jealous! I wanted to get that one!"

"Well you probably still can." Y/N shrugged. "I just swirled mine around again. It's probably not true, would that be considered cheating?"

A small ball of paper was chucked at Y/Ns head, when she looked up to find out who the culprit was, it was easy to find out Ron had thrown it at her to get her attention. He was hugging himself dramatically whilst making kissy faces, Harry was joining in.

Y/N just rolled her eyes. "Grow up." Harry and Ron just burst out laughing.

"Don't worry Y/N it's all rubbish anyway." Hermione intervened.

"No it's not!" Parvati denied, offended.

Y/N peaked into her cup once more. "Hey I have a letter H by the ring, what does H mean?" Y/N leaned over Lavenders shoulder to find out the definition of H.