V

I gave myself two days before returning back to training initiates, not caring to let the broken bone heal fully. As promised, I got Hoover a new bed, something comfortable that cost me nearly an arm and a leg. Although covered in dirt, debris, and stains from someone creating children before the Fallout, finding an object of that comfort would cost a pretty penny. I entered the initiate sleeping corridor with a mean limp and several loud hisses of pain, ignoring the orders of the medics to stay and rest. 

"Get the fuck up!" I barked, several of the initiates jumping up at the sound. 

"Tree?" One of the girls asked, wiping her eyes before pulling the brownish red hair from her eyes into a makeshift tie. 

"Just because I had a minor setback doesn't mean you guys call it quits. You want to be Runaways, act like it! We rise before dawn and don't sleep until the night has been fully seized as our own! Get the fuck up!" I barked, more initiates waking as I spoke. My eyes scanned the room and counted as I looked over each bunk. 

Thirty five

"Line the fuck up! We're missing an initiate!" I snapped, shoving several of them into an orderly line, counting them down before yelling out last names, eyes narrowing as I realizesd the missing person. 

Hoover

I smirked as I saw him laying against the filthy blanket and mattress, mouth agape as drool dripped down his chin and to the floor, small kitten-like snores falling from his lips. I squat down low until we were nearly face to face before softly tapping his face, cupping his jaw with a small smirk, an airy laugh surpassing my lips as he continued to snore. 

"Rise and shine. Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey." I murmured, earning a loud whine and a  snort in response before his left eye opened, scanning over my face before pulling his head back and getting to his feet. 

"Sorry." He murmured, the statement making me chuckle. 

"You're lucky I like you, kid." I muttered under my breath, earning a tired smirk and a nod before he began working his fingers through his hair, separating the matted curls until it looked shiny and new. I stood back up slowly, hissing slightly at the sharp pain in my leg, making a few initiates hiss in return. 

"Breakfast then we start a new activity." I breathed, fixing my jeans before limping my way back to the door, nodding as they began to line themselves up once more without having to be told. I lead the way to the common area, nodding for them to follow behind me although they could've easily passed me and probably made their way on their own. 

"Tree, my boy! Need some help?" Leo asked, bouncing with each word. The boy was constantly bouncing off the walls, always running down the hallways and corridors, and always up to some kind of mind game of his own. I smirked at the question before nodding, pushing off of the wall before turning to face the initiates. 

"This is Vel-Leo." I quickly corrected myself, Leo's face hardening at my near slip.