-1 -

I knew things had begun to go downhill for my family.

I saw the letters in the mail, the ones saying about how there were more and more bills that had to be payed. They hid them from me though, as if they were ashamed of them.

I had grown up in a some-what wealthy family, my father owning his own company and my mother working alongside him. To most people, they seemed extremely successful. Which I suppose they were for a while, until accusations were made against the company.

This led to more employees leaving, and slowly, they became bankrupt.

They could have done multiple things to save the Business, but they thought 'oh, the best idea is to marry Y/n off to a rich man.'

How perfect.

I was not very please with this suggestion, but I wanted to support them the best way I could. Even if that meant ruining my future. I wanted for everything to just get back on track.

I'll be honest, it wasn't my first arranged marriage. There had been one before this new one they were planning, but things didn't go so smoothly.

I dreaded the thought of having to live with a stranger for however knows long. The only good part is that my parents said we were able to divorce once we had gained enough. 

This guy I was marrying had been forced into it by his family, as their company was also slowly going downhill, and they thought we could benefit each other. 

Things seemed to be moving so quickly, my parents had planned for me to meet him within the next few days It took a lot in me to not turn back and just give up on it. But I had to help them. This was purely for them, not me. I just had to get through it.