2| Akht

13th May, 2023

Her eyes welled up as today was her Akht with her nemesis. It might seemed that their Nikkah is a forced one but in reality it is not! Suddenly unbeknownst to her, the Qazi started the Nikkah asking for her consent for the marriage.

"Dr Zahratul Zaman Shanaya, daughter of Md Zaraaruzzaman Khan Zaraar do you take Dr. Aarish Rahman Shahyan, son of Anisur Rahman as your husband?"

It was a decision of a lifetime she could not just say yes because of her parents. But, then again, she looked in the direction of her parents and immediately changed her mind. Shanaya badly wanted to scream aloud and say no to this marriage but once again she looked at her parents and decided to say yes as she had no other choice.

"Qubool"

"Qubool"

"Qubool"

(I do)

Shanaya gave her consent for this Nikkah with a sad smile only for her parents, sealing her future with her nemesis for a lifetime.

Shahyan, on the other hand, was surrounded by his family. Shahyan was feeling irritated and annoyed as his parents forced him to marry the girl he loathed a lot. However, he also decided that he would provide Shanaya with all the rights she deserved.

"Dr Aarish Rahman Shahyan son of Anisur Rahman, do you take Dr Zahratul Zaman Shanaya, daughter of Md Zaararuzzaman Khan Zaraar as your wife?"

"Qubool"

"Qubool"

"Qubool"

(I do)

The Qazi then asked both of them to sign. Shanaya took the pen to sign with a heavy heart. Shanaya could hear her heartbeats whilst signing. After Shanaya signed, It was now Shahyan's turn to sign, with a feeling of agitation he signed with his heart feeling heavy.

Finally, they were officially married.

......................................................
Shahyan fumed with anger after getting to know that his parents fixed his marriage with Shanaya when he was in Sylhet without his consent. When he confronted his parents, they said that they would have informed him that his marriage was fixed with Shanaya after he came back from Sylhet. Shahyan was upset about how his parents did not talk with him before taking the biggest decision of his life. Both Shanaya and Shahyan protested for not getting married to each other. But, in the end, both of them gave in to their parents wish. Their Akth was supposed to take place the next month, but their parents changed the date to this month's 13th. Their parents decided that their wedding functions would take place grandly after a few months of Eid-ul-Adha.

Meanwhile, they can select the venues and other wedding preparations. Shanaya and Shahyan we're at least happy with the fact that the bidaai will take place later.

Present Day

Adorned in a red bridal saree, Shanaya looked exquisite, the designs of her jewelry were meticulously designed, and her hair bounced at her back, making her look like a red fairy. Shahyan, on the other hand, was wearing a white Panjabi with his hair combed properly, making him look handsome in his white Panjabi attire. Forcefully, they had to smile and talk nicely in front of their relatives. They also had to get their photoshoot done. During the entire photo shoot, they had to click romantic poses with each other, this fact irked both of them. But none of them can do anything.

In the Akht, both Shanaya and Shahyan made each other wear rings. Both of them didn't have an engagement ceremony as their parents decided to do the engagement and Akht on the same day. The Akht was done at Shanaya's home with both sides' relatives.

There was something special about the girl he called Witch all his life that day. He just couldn't take his eyes off her. Very problematically, he was able to not glance at her.
Shanaya found something special that day at Shahyan she also wanted to stare at him but couldn't as it would look weird in her opinion.

That day after reaching his home and changing his clothes, Shahyan changed his phone's password to his and Shanaya's birthdate.