• 34 •

Date: February 27thTime: 10:56 amLocation: School | Second Block

Date: February 27th
Time: 10:56 am
Location: School | Second Block

"Things still off at your house?" Nolani asked India as she walked in late, sitting down beside her.

"Yep. They still off at yours too?" India asked, leaning her chin in her hand as she looked at her best friend.

"Yep." Nolani sighed as they both glanced at the board. "What's going on at your house?"

"Something about Kiya and her birth mom. My parents won't tell me anything though. But oh, guess what?" India sat up, catching Nolani's attention.

"What?" Nolani made eye contact as she waited for her to talk.

"I found out that me and Kiya are half-sisters. When I first heard my parents talking, I misheard them and thought she was adopted but she just has a different mom than me. They said they never told me because they didn't think it was anything important and we're still sisters regardless. Also, they didn't want me asking too many questions." India ranted and Nolani nodded.

"That makes sense. She doesn't look like your guy's mom at all." Nolani responded and India agreed.

"What's going on at your house though?" India tilted her head, playing with the ends of her ponytail.

"Zyaire and my mom have been on bad terms all week. And they're usually besties cause he's super close with our mom so when them two aren't talking it throws the whole house off." Nolani made the yikes face.

"Sounds bad." India gave her the same look.

"It is. And I don't even know what they've been arguing about. Zyaire just stays in his room with the door shut 24/7 even when he has Jayden. And he's esepcially been in a mood because he hasn't been hanging out with Kiya as much." She spoke as India hummed, nodding her head.

"Kiya too. They were so happy together and always hanging out but she's so moody and always alone in her room now. She just stays with Jayden and only leaves to take him out to the bathroom and feed him." India spoke as they both sighed.

"Enough about our moody adult siblings, though. What's been going on with you and Omariii?" Nolani dragged, teasing India as she kept poking her.

"Stoppp." India laughed, mushing her hands away. "We been fine. What about you and his bestie?"

"Bye, you're done." Nolani gasped, turning away from her.

"Wait. Did he do something?" India looked at her with her brows furrowed.

"No...I mean, ion think so. He just keeps saying I should tell my parents and my brother but he don't get it." Nolani said as India made the yikes face.

"Yeah...my dad might like your brother but I think it's because Kiya's 18. I don't think he would like me talking to any boys." India shook her head.

"Rightt. My dad and my brother would literally kill Tay. Well, not literally but you know what I mean." Nolani said and India laughed.