16

it's our second day in Cleveland. after last night I woke up with the biggest headache I got out of bed and went downstairs to the kitchen to grab some coffee.

" Morning everyone ". Tess said walking into the living room with a cup of coffee in her hand.

" good morning cupcake ". Colson said kissing Tess's cheek.

Tess sat down next to Rook placing her legs on Rook's lap. He covered his nose and moved her feet off his lap.

" yo, Tess your feet stink ". Rook complained

" They do not, never try to play me like that ". Tess said smacking Rook upside his head.

" so?. what's the plan ". Tess asked.

" I don't know, anything you want to do ". Colson replied.

" give me a tour of Cleveland. Show me MGK's world ". Tess replied.

" ew, why'd you say like that okay go get dressed we'll leave in an hour ". Colson said.

Tess went upstairs and hopped in the shower. once she got Tess started on her makeup and curled she looked in her suitcase for something to wear. Colson knocked on the door.

" Baby, I got this cropped jersey you can wear and maybe pair it with jeans ". Colson said through the door. " yeah, okay hand it to me ". Tess replied.

Colson opened the door slightly and passed the jersey to Tess. She closed the door back and got dressed. she finished the makeup and walked downstairs ready to go.

" damn.. you look great ". Colson said hugging me.

The black SUV parked outside Ashleigh's house. Tess, rook, Brandon, and Colson walked outside and got into the car.

As we rode through the neighbors. Colson pointed to the places he grew up and we even passed his old high school.

We arrived at the Browns stadium and we got out and walked around Colson showed Tess the locker rooms and his favorite spots.

" so? How are you liking Cleveland so far ". Rook asked.

"It's great but it's cold as hell though ". Tess replied.

" That's Cleveland for you ". Brandon intercepted.

The tour of the stadium was soon over and everyone got back into the car. Tess was shivering from the coldness. " what's the next stop ". Tess asked ". I wanna go visit my coffee shop and see how things are ". Colson said.

" Coffee shop? ". Tess questioned.

" oh shit, I forgot to mention that ". Colson said.

" Not too long ago I opened a coffee shop for artists that died at 27 ". Colson explained.

Tess took out her phone and recorded videos of them riding through downtown Cleveland when they arrived at the coffee shop. Colson helped Tess get out of the car. She walked and they took pictures by the entrances. Colson and the boys went around talking to people and took pictures with fans.

meanwhile, Tess and Rook sat at the bar drinking their lives away.

" so, how are you enjoying this whole rockstar experience ". Rook asked taking a shot.

" Great, I've grown a lot of family over the past weeks ". Tess replied.

" yeah, you've been a great addition to the fam and I'm glad you're here ". Rook says hugging Tess. Colson and Brandon both came over and joined us.

" Hi, Handsome". Tess slurred laying her head onto Colson's shoulders as she sat on the stool.

" you are drunk off your ass ". Colson said laughing.

Colson scooped Tess into his arms and carried her out into the SUV that was outside. He said his goodbyes and the group rode back to the jet.

7 HOURS LATER.

" wakey wakey ". Rook says standing over Tess on the couch.

Tess woke up on the jet rubbing her head putting her hair into a ponytail taking an Advil and sipping the water that was next to her.

" how long did I sleep? ". Tess asked.

" uh, a couple of hours ". Rook replied.

" where Colson? ". Tess asked.

" he and B are in the front room watching old Kellyvisions ". Rook said.

Tess walked in and sat on the couch next to Colson while he devoured a bowl of popcorn.

" Oh my god Colson is that you? ". Tess asked.

" maybe ". Colson said laughing.

" you look... young ". Tess replied.

" well I was. I mean we were ". Colson said laughing.

The gang spent the rest of the night laughing and watching old music videos when Tess suddenly got a call. she went to the bathroom to take it.

" Hello, ". Tess answered the phone

" Is this Ms Taylor? ". The person asked.

" yeah, may I ask who's this ". Tess said.

" Sorry, I am reporting to call you and tell you that your Client Colson Baker is a nominee for Artist of the Year for the Grammy Academy". The person exclaimed.

" HOLY SHIT. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will make sure he gets the message ". Tess exclaimed.

Tess hung up the phone and walked back into the room everyone was in. She sat back next to Colson.

" Everything okay? ". Colson asked.

" yeah, Brandon and rook can I talk to you guys please? ". Tess asked.

They nodded their head and the three of them went into the room in the back of the jet. Tess closed the curtain behind them and whispered.

" Tess, is everything okay ". Rook says.

" yeah, I have exciting news to tell you guys. but promise not to tell Colson ". Tess said.

" Okay ". They agreed.

" so 2 minutes ago I got a call from a representative of the Grammy Academy. I was told that Colson was nominated for Artist of the Year ". Tess whispered.

" Holy shit, that's amazing ". Rook and Brandon cheered.

" shhh. I don't want him to hear I wanna surprise him ". Tess said.

The two boys nodded and we walked back out to the front of the plane and acted as if everything was normal.

"Everyone okay? ". Colson asked.

" yup ". They said in unison.

" Well, I'm going to head to bed, see you guys when we land ". Colson said walking into the bedroom part of the jet.

Tess and Colson went to bed. Tess was excited about tomorrow this could be the start of a great career for colson and she was happily excited for it.